DIY cold buffet any ideas?

Hey I'm looking for some ideas, I'm on a tight budget and was planning on doing my own buffet for 60 guests wanting to be a cold buffet has anyone got ideas for me please?😇

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

houmous, bread, crudités, cold chicken and meat eg slices of gammon, turkey, veggie quiches, scotch eggs, cheese and crackers, potato salads, chickpea salad, finger sandwiches.

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

You could do an afternoon tea type thing with what hails has mentioned above and then get scones and a few different cakes

• CE26CE26 Posts: 349 New bride

We did a cold buffet for a party once with lots of rustic breads, anti pasti and cheeses, plus bowls of things like pasta and rice salads. We then had the traditional bits and pieces like crudités, sausage rolls, mini sausages, quiches, and scotch eggs as they are usually good crowd pleasers. 

Have a look on Pinterest for ideas for different ways to present the food too. I saw a post that was for a chicken ceasar salad but the chicken was served in the lettuce, and a BLT that was served on a kebab stick. 

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Dressed salmon, sliced cold meats and bread rolls. Open club sandwiches, celeriac and bramley apple salad. Florida salad,   Cheese selection with figs dates and grapes.   mini game pies,  picnic roll, seafood platter,  mini cream cakes, and tarts.  Gateaus, triffle.