Guestlist

Hi everyone, 

H2B and i decided to get married in santorini rather than having a big wedding at home as the smaller pricetag was very appealing.

My question is...How many of your guests actually came to the big day? Santorini is quite expensive to go to so i dont think that many will come! 

I am also having a UK reception so i think that might sway people to just attend that. 

Thank xx

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

We arn't getting married there but my MIL got remarried 2 years ago and they had it in Vegas, only me, my H2B, he eldest sister and her husband went to the Vegas wedding. However their UK reception was very busy and lots of people went to that :)

• Kerry153Kerry153 Posts: 27
    Sadieee wrote (see post):

We arn't getting married there but my MIL got remarried 2 years ago and they had it in Vegas, only me, my H2B, he eldest sister and her husband went to the Vegas wedding. However their UK reception was very busy and lots of people went to that :)

Thanks Sadie! I really hope lots of people come! X

• Fiona1390Fiona1390 Posts: 5

Hi Kerry  - we are having 21 people but that includes 3 babies! We're the same as you and having a bit of a do when we get back x

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

I would have looked at Santorini but we decided that a four hour flight was too much particularly for my Grandparents, fiance's Mum etc who are older and aren't keen on longer flights. We also felt that it would be expensive for a lot of our guests and the kind of destination where people would feel obliged to make it a week holiday as opposed to just being able to fly in for two nights etc.

We are now looking at Italy as it's a shorter flight, plenty of budget flight options and are only looking at places within proximity to a range of accommodation options to suit varied budgets. It was important to us for people to be able to do it "on the cheap" if they wanted which is easier to do in some places than others for sure. For that reason we won't do a reception at home but I think if you're getting married somewhere that is more expensive, difficult to get to etc,  then it's nice to do both, I would think you'd get a lot of people attend. 

• bride8bride8 Posts: 38

My sister in law got married in Kefalonia. She had 30 guests, and the day was amazing. It was honestly one of the best weddings I have ever been too. The weather was stunning, everyone had a lovely relaxed holiday vibe.

All you really need are the key people there, I'm sure lots of others will go to your UK party afterwards, plus it means you get to celebrate twice. Good luck! 

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 583 New bride

We're gettimg married there 2019 and have invited 68, so far looks like 50 are coming but we'll see who actually books when it comes to it next year x

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 720

We had 11 guests but paid for everything for them including flights and accommodation. We still had 4 people say they couldn't come..1 couple to far to travel and other couldn't get time off work.

Reading past threads it looks like about 1/3 of those invited actually go ahead and get themselves there. Regardless of how much time you give them to save

The most important thing for us was that the important people were there.

Also getting married abroad isn't much cheaper than the UK as the pound is weak against the Euro. 

• Kerry153Kerry153 Posts: 27

Thanks everyone for your posts! I understand its alot to commit to, especially for a wedding. I guess i just need to figure out who i invite to the wedding and then who to invite to the UK reception. Ill keep the top end of the budget in mind and anything less will be money saved 😥😂 xx

Ps. Good luck with all of your weddings xx