Local suit shop shut down

my h2b has been saying he was going to get his suit from our local Greenwoods shop, and get ours son’s and his dads from there too (he Dad is a big man so will need to be measured up for a suit) 

we popped into town on Saturday to find that th shop had closed down - it’s safe to say my h2b is annoyed by this and is unsure where to get his, our son’s and his fathers suits from. 

I sugested online, but with his father needing to be measured up he was a little unsure of it. 

What else could we do? 

Thanks 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

It depends on whats in your area. Google suit shops near me. Does he want to buy or hire? If hes buying lots of places sell suits even if they dont do made to measure so they could just go and try some on.

• Laura349Laura349 Posts: 1,001 New bride
    MrsJ2017 wrote (see post):

It depends on whats in your area. Google suit shops near me. Does he want to buy or hire? If hes buying lots of places sell suits even if they dont do made to measure so they could just go and try some on.

I’ll have to have a look what’s in our area! My h2b originally said he wanted to hire a suit, but because we’ve got a small budget it may be cheaper to buy online (a friend has said she got her husbands suit from eBay) 

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Matalan do suits for reasonable prices if you do decide to buy. 

Greenwoods went into liquidation during the summer. 

• lauren318lauren318 Posts: 482

My husband got his suit from next £170 for a 3 piece suit which is mum paid for. The other 3 suits we needed we purchased from Very, This worked out at £80 each, they were navy slim fit. I knew they would be nice as my husband has one which he wore to a christening.

Worth having a look x