Wedding Insurance!

Hey! 

I'm just wondering if anyone has taken out wedding insurance and would suggest we do the same! 

Happy planning everyone! 

• Amy491Amy491 Posts: 58

I would, for the sake of about £50-100 you’re covered in case anyone goes bankrupt, the venue has a fire etc. I got it for peace of mind

• Julia101Julia101 Posts: 162 New bride

I definitely would, you never know what's going to happen and its probably the most you'll ever spend on one day. Same with travel insurance for the honeymoon if you are booking that too 😉 

• Have you already booked things yet?  Some policies don't cover pre booked things.  I used John Lewis as I had already booked my venue.  

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 810 New bride

How do you even go about finding an insurance policy? And how much are they usually?

• Kitty12Kitty12 Posts: 119 New bride

We used John Lewis, I think we paid about £100 and that gave us up to £20k of coverage. Like the previous posters said, it was for our piece of mind, and considering the costs of the whole wedding, an additional £100 was nothing.

• TeamJamiesonLowe wrote (see post):

Have you already booked things yet?  Some policies don't cover pre booked things.  I used John Lewis as I had already booked my venue.  

Hey yes we have already booked venue so I'll make sure to look out for that! 

Thank you everyone I will definetly get some!! 

• MrsMcSMrsMcS Posts: 235

We just googled wedding insurance, used a comparison site and checked reviews. Ours cost about £80 which is a drop in the ocean compared to the whole cost of the day, so well worth it!

• Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,090 New bride

I despair when people don't take it out! I work in insolvency and have dealt with a number of wedding venues that have gone into liquidation. Dealing with devastated brides who have lost a lot of money is heartbreaking. It's not just the venue, it's the suppliers you need to think about too. For the sake of £100 it's not worth risking not having it .GET WEDDING INSURANCE IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY (unless I wasn't being clear)