Trying to stretch your budget up to 30% more?

When you have a tight budget, it is really, really difficult to find good quality services for your big day... 

We can all agree.

My aunt was on a tight wedding budget a few years ago.

I was tasked with booking the wedding photographer and decorator for her specific budget.... This was problematic.

It was a difficult search to the end..

I am about to finish and App that will allow you to anonymously post your budget and accompanying details specific only for the service that you require.

This way, you do not have to painstakingly look for good talent at affordable prices... 

They come to you, and you chose.

This is good for so many reasons, among them is that you will be in control of the transaction,... because THEY approached YOU first.

I want to know if this is something Fiancees would be interested in, or if I am just wasting my time trying to finish it... 

I dunno.

Could I get your HONEST feedback please?

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

I think budget is only one of the factors to consider when choosing a wedding vendor. I personally preferbto go through recommendations or reviews or researching in to a specific aspect than going through “bids” for the cheapest supplier. I’m also not sure that good reputable vendors need to bid for work in this way....

• Mrs2018Mrs2018 Posts: 398

I agree if vendors need to bid for work and reduce their prices this way to get work I'd be inclined to think they aren't all that good!

But is that your intention? Or is it that they each contact you privately with qoutes?

If I'm honest I don't think I'd go for either option. I' rather find a few whose style etc I liked and contact them myself than be contacted by several that I might not even like.

I've checked reviews of every supplier I've used and often went for the more expensive option as they were better. Sometimes the phrase 'you get what you pay for' is extremely true! 

• omar3omar3 Posts: 3

Hmmm... thanks guys.

this makes a lot of sense.