Wedding DJ - Who - Budget?

Hi all,

I'm getting married next Summer and I'm looking for a wedding DJ. There are so many to choose from and its difficult to know who to choose.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

And what do you think is the right price for a wedding DJ. 4 hours in the evening based in Hertfordshire?

Any advice much appreciated?

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,471 New bride

Have a look at Shoosh DJ- he was recommended to me by a few people- I have been really impressed.  He is in Hertfordshire. 

Good luck

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,454 New bride

I'm in Kent, but DJs seem to be between £250-400 locally.

• Karen247Karen247 Posts: 2
    britbird wrote (see post):

Have a look at Shoosh DJ- he was recommended to me by a few people- I have been really impressed.  He is in Hertfordshire. 

Good luck

Thank you very much :)

• Lauren384Lauren384 Posts: 1

SpinSisters - https://www.spin-sisters.co.uk  were recommended me by a friend so I booked them for my Wedding and i was absolutely thrilled with the DJ.

I guess it depends what you want, I wanted a wedding with 2 hours of 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's & 00's pleasing everyone. Then for the last 2 hours i had mixed club classics (hed kandi, moondance, defected stuff) with abit of Garage and 90's old skool. As these girls are all nightclub DJs so they know what they are doing. I had Laura and she was fab. 

I paid £800 for a 4 hour DJ set. Plus The DJ Booth, lighting, DJ equipment and sound were extra. I think it was £1200 in total but to be honest I thought they were worth every penny. All the equipment was high very quality. 

We had a Skype meeting (they did offer to meet me in person but i was too busy) and they took my requests and gave me advice. I would have to say they were on point with their selections. 

Lots of wedding DJs are £500 but I dont think they would be able to mix dance music properly. You generally get what you pay for.

If you want your wedding reception to be a proper party then I cant recommend SpinSisters enough!