My sister is getting married. What are the preparations needed?

My sister is getting married in a few months. We’re all excited, including our relatives working in a foreign country. They say they’ll be home for this very special event. Here’s my concern, my sister wants me to prepare for her wedding. She said she’s very confident with my ability to be an organizer, and it would be much special if I prepare for it other than looking for somebody else. Now, what are the preparations needed? Should I start with the wedding theme? If so, please give me some suggestions. Thanks!

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,347 New bride

Why isn't your sister planning it herself? It is her wedding.

Do you know what she wants?

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

As already said, its her wedding so why isnt she planning it?

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 789 New bride

Pirate theme 

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,118 New bride

Martian Eleganza Extravaganza (for any drag race fans attending)

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Julia82Julia82 Posts: 123

This is quite odd! 

Youll need to pick a venue she likes, choose a menu she likes, pick decorations she likes and find her a dress she likes. Will she be on hand to help at all? 

very good luck with that! X

• How is your sister "getting married in a few months" if nothing is planned? :S

Do you mean she's asked you to organise the hen do?

• elvis4nutselvis4nuts Posts: 102

This is a very confusing question..... Maybe you are right MrsJinJuly19... hen do makes more sense! 

I have never heard of anyone asking someone else to plan their wedding, let alone with only months to go! 

• MrsTraceyMrsTracey Posts: 830 New bride

I smell a troll... Haha I would never ask my sister to plan my entire wedding with only months to go x

• emma892emma892 Posts: 5

first you should choice a stunning bridal dress for her,it'll take you a few months maybe,good luck