Estimated costs

Hi, 

I was hoping for some estimated costs for photograph, flower, hair, makeup and cakes please? 

I would like to have a rough idea so my jaw doesn’t hit the floor in front of people! 

Thank you xx

• We’re on a pretty tight budget so I’ve shopped around for my quotes. I’m in the East Midlands for context of prices. 

Photographer - £525. This includes all day photography (bridal prep until after our evening fireworks/dancing), an online gallery of edited images, personalised memory stick and video set to music. 

Flowers - £200 for bridal bouquet with roses and blue thistle, bridesmaid bouquet, groom + 5 button holes, top table arrangement and 4 x floral wreaths for centrepieces. 

Hair and makeup - £200 which includes trial for the bride (weekday appointment), brides hair and makeup on the day, bridemaid’s hair and makeup and mother or the bride‘s hair and makeup.

Cake - £255 for a 3 trier 10, 8, 6” (decorated with edible glitter and sugar flowers). 

• stacey147stacey147 Posts: 108

Photography £1000-£1500

makeup and hair £100+

flowers £800-£1500

cake £200+ 

• @Nottinghanshirebride - I’m in the East Midlands too, can I ask what photographer you have used please as we are getting quotes for £1500 

Thank you @stacey147 the prices are so scary!! xx

• We got lots of quotes and went with the one that felt best for us but here are our prices (if it helps we are Northamptonshire based):

Photograph:£850 for (two photographers all day until well into the night, bridal prep and groom prep photos)

Videographer: £450 (three guys, bridal prep, marryoke, concise edit, bluray)

flowers: £1000

make-up and hair: £500 (three bridesmaids, junior bridesmaid, MOB and me)

Cake: we actually had our bridesmaid make this for us so i can't really help with that sorry.

Have fun planning :) I loved planning our wedding and would do it again in a heartbeat :)

Never late to the party if I’m late to the party with you!
  • @MrsRichardson thank you for your costs, I wish I was enjoying the planning a little more - the stress takes over every now and then! 

Im sure it’ll all start falling into place.

thank you 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,064 New bride

We are in the London commuter belt:

Photographer - £399 for 4 hour's coverage and images on USB. For all day in this area, budget photographers go from around £650 for all day, with popular ones easily charging anywhere between £1k and £3k!

Flowers - I'm doing myself but will be around £200 wholesale from Triangle Nursery, who I highly recommend.

For a semi naked cake with gold sheen to feed 100-120 we've been quoted between £270 and £450 - we are probably going to buy from M&S or Waitrose!

Make up & hair is quite expensive around here - I've seen MUA who charge £250 for trial/on the day make up for the bride alone! I'm hoping my friend who is a MUA will do make up for us and I'll pay for her hotel room in return. I've budgeted £300 for hair for 4 people and some decent foundation/lippy for myself.

• MrsW-22MrsW-22 Posts: 354 New bride

London based

Photographer 1600 (2 photographer's for 9 hours and engagement shoot)

Hair and make up including trial 530 (trial for me. Hair and make up for me and one bridesmaid on day, hair for three children bridesmaids). 

Cake 410 (3 tier cake). 

Flowers (just bouquets and button holes) 257.50

• Michelle330Michelle330 Posts: 119

Photographer £1200

Cake £350 

Flowers. A friend of mine is going to make paper roses from old books for me. So it’ll just be the cost of materials, and a gift for them so no more than £100

Hair and Make up I’m undecided on getting someone to do it professionalay or doing it myself. 

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,054 New bride

We are getting married in Scotland and have quite a healthy budget of 25000. So our choice reflect that, they aren't the cheapest I have seen, not the most expensive but exactly what we want.

Photographer - 1650£ ( two people, all day from getting ready to dancing)

Flowers - 850£

Hair & Makeup - 715£ (for bride and two bridesmaids with trial. This is the one thing I spent way too much money on, I didn't realize they hadn't included vat. So pay attention to that)

Cake - 295£ (for two tiers and one fake decorated one)

• Nottinghamshirebride wrote (see post):

Hair and makeup - £200 which includes trial for the bride (weekday appointment), brides hair and makeup on the day, bridemaid’s hair and makeup and mother or the bride‘s hair and makeup.

Hi, can I ask who your hair and make up is with please? Getting quotes 3 times more than that. thanks 

• TheFutureMrsBall wrote (see post):
    Nottinghamshirebride wrote (see post):

Hi, can I ask who your hair and make up is with please? Getting quotes 3 times more than that. thanks 

I’ve sent you a message :)

• Melanie81Melanie81 Posts: 3

London

Photographer 1800

Flowers 350

Hair and make up 600

Cake 380

• Libby13Libby13 Posts: 244 New bride

Photographer - £1695

flowers £1400

cake £225

makeup £400 

• We are in Sheffield and I would say have an average budget - having what we want but not going silly and trying to save when we can. 

We've paid: 

Photographer £1100 for 1 photographer from getting ready to just after first dance

Flowers £700 for 3x bouquets, 6x button holes, 3x floeer crowns, large church display, gyp bouquets on pews, foliage top table runner, flowers for cake, and a few other foliage decorations

Cake £275 for a cake to feed 80-90 people, fondant coverwc with some gold leaf but no sugar flowers

We haven't sorted hair and makeup yet! 

• AmyrosieAmyrosie Posts: 134 New bride

We do have a healthy budget, so have gone quite high end, so this may not be representative - 

Photographer - £1.3k (this only includes images on USB, so will be £2k once we add albums). Does include all day coverage and engagement photos. 

Wedding car - £450 (1940’s Rolls Royce)

Cake - £850 (it is 8 tiers!)

Flowers - c.£2k (this includes both the church, the reception and wedding party flowers. With having the ceremony (village church) and the reception at 2 differently venues it hasn’t been possibly to resuse flowers), so you could def do this cheaper.

Hair - me and 3 bridesmaids inc trail £265

make up - £200 (me and MOB only)

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,074 New bride
    TheFutureMrsBall wrote (see post):

I’ve sent you a message :)

Can you possibly send to me, too? Ty x

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,074 New bride

Photographe-£1500. Includes engagement shoot, full day coverage and he’s coming the day before too to the rehersal. 

Flowers- 285 for me, 4x bms, buttonholes for the groom and 8 others and 2x corsages for Mums. 

Cake- my mum owns a cake decorating shop so we won’t be charged but the cost would be £250+ 

Hair and MUA I’m yet to sort. 

These are all Leicester based.

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • GinAndBling wrote (see post):

Can you possibly send to me, too? Ty x

Yes, of course! I’ll send a PM. 😊

• Im Herts/Beds based

Venue: £2250 (sunday)

Catering £5500

Photographer: £1250 (10% off due to a show and 2 of them for 8 hours)

Hair & Make Up: for me 2BMs and Mum quotes around £400-500 (If ANYONE can help with this please let me know, any recommendations are much appreciated - im desperate!! )

Car: £375 for a 20 min one way journey - no thanks! 

*Edited as i added 11K onto my photographers quote haha*

• MrsW-22MrsW-22 Posts: 354 New bride
    CoffeeDogAddict wrote (see post):

Im Herts/Beds based

Venue: £2250 (sunday)

Catering £5500

Photographer: £12250 (10% off due to a show and 2 of them for 8 hours)

Hair & Make Up: for me 2BMs and Mum wuotes aroun £400-500 (If ANYONE can help with this please let me know, any recommendations are much appreciated - im desperate!! )

Car: £375 for a 20 min one way journey - no thanks! 

Is that photographer quote a typo?

• Fiona98 wrote (see post):

Is that photographer quote a typo?

Hahaha yes!! Bloomin hell that would be scary! Its £1250