Our DIY wedding breakdown costs

Thought I'd do a breakdown of our DIY wedding with only 8 days to go everything is pretty much in place now. Myself & H2B are really crafty so we've DIY'd pretty much everything we could. Our wedding is so far coming in at ....£5,544.86.... I'll break down the costs below to show where the moneys been spent. This is catering for 50 guests.

Registry Office £209

Horsley Lodge £2,505 (Includes honeymoon suite for the night before & night of wedding/DJ/arrival drink/toast drink/evening buffet including desserts)

DIY Sweet Table £22.06 includes 9 jars, scoops, sweets, bags

Wedding Dress & Veil £656

2x Bridesmaids Dresses £200

Underwear & Garter £55

3 Tier wedding Cake £495

DIY Flowers £21.75 all handmade

Grooms suit £169

Pageboy suits £88

DIY Favours & Gift Bags £39.60

DIY Decorations £83.45 (Includes centrepieces/chair sashes/tablecloths/vases/lights etc)

Photographer £495

Thank you cards £56

Limo £350

Hair for me/BM's/Flower girls £100

The wedding breakfast will be invoiced to us after the wedding as we're still chasing the last couple of meal choices but we have another £1,000 put aside for anything else needed. And I can't see the wedding breakfast coming to £1,000! So all in all after we've paid for the meal we'll be well under £7K. A lot has been handmade and this probably won't be to everyone's taste, I haven't paid for make-up artists as I'm a beauty therapist myself so I'll be doing the make-up. 

When it came to the DIY stuff I did have a lot of materials already & I scoured the internet for bargains. This helped keep the costs of the DIY down too. 

I'd be really interested to hear people opinions :) 

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 722 New bride

Well done for keeping the costs down and getting what looks like some good deals! I'm also DIYing quite a lot of the decor, bouquets, cake, etc., to keep costs down, so I look forward to seeing your results! I also was on the hunt for craft material bargains right from the moment I got engaged - it will be odd when it's over and I've no longer got my 'wedding bargains' radar on!

Our's is coming in at more like £10k, but we've got 100 guests and live down near London, so that's not surprising!

8 days to go, so excited for you!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,760 New bride

Looks good! how much per head is your wedding breakfast out of interest?

Our budget is about £8.5-9k inc. our wedding breakfast, but our registrar costs are nearly £800!

• Thats fantastic!! Im hoping to do lots of DIY too so its really handy to know rough costs and id love to see how it all comes out!! 
    I cant believe how low cost your venue is!! our venue hire alone was £2250 and a BBQ for the wedding breakfast & Buffet for the evening is coming n at £6k... Hence why im trying to get everything else so cheap! 

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Thanks for the breakdown, you have done really well with your budget, would love to read a report after if you do one,

• Will definitely be doing a report afterward with pictures to show our DIY bits.

The wedding breakfast per head is £28 which is for a 3-course meal or £21 for those who only want a 2-course meal. There are 6 children for the wedding breakfast too, and the children's menu is £17 per head.  

• RoseyGoldRoseyGold Posts: 164 New bride

Wow that's some amazing cost savings!

We're trying to keep it under £20k after passing the original projected £18k. We have 150 day and additional 30 evening guests and we're just outside the M25.

Nikki mrs C to be wrote (see post):

Will definitely be doing a report afterward with pictures to show our DIY bits.

The wedding breakfast per head is £28 which is for a 3-course meal or £21 for those who only want a 2-course meal. There are 6 children for the wedding breakfast too, and the children's menu is £17 per head.  

That is such good value!

• It's there out of season wedding package we booked, so to be fair it's usually a lot more expensive than that. Their basic wedding package starts at £3,999 so we did get an absolute bargain! 

CoffeeDogAddict wrote (see post):

Thats fantastic!! Im hoping to do lots of DIY too so its really handy to know rough costs and id love to see how it all comes out!! 
    I cant believe how low cost your venue is!! our venue hire alone was £2250 and a BBQ for the wedding breakfast & Buffet for the evening is coming n at £6k... Hence why im trying to get everything else so cheap! 

That's where we made big savings, our venue doesn't charge hire. We are just outside the M25 and some venues locally charge more for hire than our total totall venue cost!

• Wow that’s amazing. Your venue is such good value! As is your photographer. Can I ask where are you based? We’re in the south east and every single photographer we have found comes with a nice £1500 price tag which we just can’t afford - so disheartening x

jerigeorgia wrote (see post):

Wow that’s amazing. Your venue is such good value! As is your photographer. Can I ask where are you based? We’re in the south east and every single photographer we have found comes with a nice £1500 price tag which we just can’t afford - so disheartening x

We are using Peter at Devotion Photography - he is based in Cichester but covers the whole of the south east - we are getting married in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. His packages start at £399 but he is happy to tailor them. 

Flashback Photography was another one I found who are quite reasonable.

• We're in Derby we're using Merv Photographic 

• MrsCToBee wrote (see post):
    jerigeorgia wrote (see post):

Wow that’s amazing. Your venue is such good value! As is your photographer. Can I ask where are you based? We’re in the south east and every single photographer we have found comes with a nice £1500 price tag which we just can’t afford - so disheartening x

We are using Peter at Devotion Photography - he is based in Cichester but covers the whole of the south east - we are getting married in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. His packages start at £399 but he is happy to tailor them. 

Flashback Photography was another one I found who are quite reasonable.

Thank you I’ll take a look at those