wedding planner help !

Hi

we have just got engaged and are hoping to marry at Christmas this year, can anyone recommend a good wedding planner, both my fiancee and myself run our own companies and cannot see how on earth we can fit all the planning involved around our businesses !

I have seen some planners online, amberley rose, creme wedding design, supreme events, imana events,orchid events, smith and niemeireko, has anyone used any of these companies, any feedback would be much appreciated

Many thanks !

• sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Hi Congrats, I would recommend Smith and Niemeireko. I am sure Orchid may also be good, the best thing to do is to contact them and see who you get on well with. Good luck.x
  • Hiya, we are having Bernadette Chapman from Dream Occasions and she is very good as we get email updates almost daily and anything i query she sorts asap- just lovely image
  • MrsRafMrsRaf Posts: 1,802
    I agree that, if your budget can stretch to it, Smith and Niemeireko is the way to go

I don't have any personal experience of them but they have a superb reputation

I met with someone from Orchid and she was very professional but I personally found her a bit pushy for me (and slightly condescending). I got the impression that she would certainly organise an incredible wedding but it might not be exactly what i wanted.
  • poppyttpoppytt Posts: 1,355
    Gizmogirl. Are you a wedding planner by chance?
  • Cat1980Cat1980 Posts: 51
    Does anybody else know of any more?
    Hi the best bet really is to do a google search for one and then see if anyone has used them, heard of them etc. You can also speak to your chosen venue and see if the feedback was good or not. I think its important because a venue and wp have to be able to work together well.x
  • foresterukforesteruk Posts: 176
    Post removed: Breach of chatroom rules

[Modified by: Web Master on March 11, 2008 05:04 PM]
  • Hi, we recently met smith and niemeireko at there Valentine event at Harrods. I'm doing everything myself although they are lovely people and would be my first choice if I were to use a planner. A proffesional company indeed.
    Oh yes, there were laduree Macarons at that event too! Yum Yum!x
    Smith and Niemeirko everytime. WP's are a lot of money and there is no point wasting it on crap companies that just haven't had enough experience. S and N are worth every penny.x
  • rarajdukrarajduk Posts: 1,784
    Yes, I think that I would use S&N, too for a London WP or Orchid.

What is the S&N fee structure though?

I much prefer fixed fees for a WP. I'm not a fan of commission at all (there is as much work for a low budget wedding as a more extravagant affair, so why pay more).

x

Fixed price lets you budget better for sure! I hate dealing with suppliers that take commission. Makes it all feel so fake almost. WP's need to be independant so they are not using a supplier just to fill their own pockets some more!!x
    I agree, I like the idea of on the day wedding co-ordination instead of paying along the way.x
  • HelenHaleHelenHale Posts: 72
    I just answered on the other post on this. My wedding planner is Every Detail, and they're brilliant. Really organised, listen to what we want and make good suggestions. They definately have the experience as they've been around for a long time. We get monthly status reports (as well as regular updates) but she really makes us feel that its all under control. Definately worth considering them.

• My sister used Paramount Events for her wedding and I am also. They organised her 2 day wedding and nothing was too much trouble-the result AMAZING AND UNIQUE! May be what you are looking for?!