wedding co-ordinaters

ok right we have a smallish budget it was going to be 2.5k but with some luck and kind relatives it is now around 4k

i'm also a bit of a stress head and don't want this to spoil my day as i would be stressing about everything

my question is i've found a wedding cordinater but she is £250 for the day we are also nearly up to are budget

would you hire a cordinater to take the stress out of your day or leave it and ease the finances out

• Lulu1703Lulu1703 Posts: 307
    Hiya Wendy!!

They are their weight in gold i must say.

Let me know where you are based (e-mail me) and i MAY be able to solve your dilemma!! xx
  • ArmstrongukArmstronguk Posts: 639
    I wish we had booked an independent wedding coordinator as the venues wedding coordinator was fab until she announced the week before our wedding that she was going away the day before we got married.

There were quite a few things that went wrong on the day such as a lecturn not there for my reader who was my brother who is blind so it had to be carried in mid service !!!!! I had the opportunity of a free wedding coordinator who was just setting up business WISH I had taken her up on it as we will not be revisiting our venue for our 1st anniversary as things are still a tad raw

Guests enjoyed it just things bothered hubby and I as we had planned it all so carefully

Andrea xxx
  • I had one booked through wedding planner school... we made an appointment to meet and i drove for a hour to meet her.. and she didnt turn up!! haha, needless to say i wont be using her!

xx
  • I've been thinking about becoming a wedding planner myself and have been looking at a lot of planner websites, £250 for on the day co-ordination seems a really good price, and from the research I've done a lot brides really appreciated having somone there on the day so they can enjoy the party. Just make sure you're happy with her and not just the price.
  • lozzyuk1lozzyuk1 Posts: 1,910
    my mum is an on the day co-ordinator so if anyone is interested email me xx
  • sarahrobsonuksarahrobsonuk Posts: 3,266
    I'm getting married in a hotel and they co - ordinate everything so i don't need one.!!
  • jojoPMjojoPM Posts: 826
    What's Wedding Planner School? I'd love to have one but they cost too much especially in London.
  • I loved planning my mums and friends wedding, i have thought about being a planner. so no as the budget is quite small i wouldn't get one. THere is a wedding planner at the hotel but i dont know what he wil do if anything. I would just deligate to the wedidng party and family, i'm sure they will be please they have are involved. I too have a low ish budget which keeps creeping up.

Good luck
  • lawveelawvee Posts: 1,378
    Personally if I had this budget I wouldn't pay £250 for a wedding co-ordinator but I guess it depends where you are getting married. If you are getting married at a hotel they usually have Ops people that will run the day for you and I would just make sure that you sit down with them before hand to run through your requirements.
    i had an on the day co-ordinator (emma from tk weddings who are no longer trading) separate to the hotel one as most hotel ones are not there on the day,they hand over all the info to events managers or staff.the thing is with the on the day co ordinator they do all the things the hotel won`t do like liase with all your suppliers the day before and on the morning so they deal with all the little things and phone calls.plus they make sure the hotel gives you everything you`ve paid for like not keeping back bottles of wine,also making sure all your table decor is used and is laid exactly how you want and not left in any storage rooms.they can deliver it for you,keep an eye on how clean the toilets are,provide make up touch up during photos,plasters for bridesmaids feet and loads of other stuff.it was like having a personal assistant on the day ! emma could even have come to the house on the morning to help out there but it would have been too far.i was really confident with my hotel but i only later found out about little things that may have seemed as though they wouldn`t matter but they did to me and emma put them right without me even knowing til after the wedding.my dad was a bit miffed about paying for her but in his speech he said a special thank you to her for all she`d done and admitted to mum later it was the best money we had spent cos he was still getting over the shock of how much the wedding cost so it wasn`t much to ensure everything went to plan.we live 45 mins away from our reception so we wouldn`t have known if anything wasn`t right or if anyone hadn`t turned up until it was too late as we couldn`t go there on the morning and to be honest even if i could have gone to check everyhting i would rather stay at home getting done.emma did a questionnaire and also met me at the venue so in the end she knew every last tiny detail about the whole day then i just left her to it.plus she was working independently for us not for the hotel.ther ewas an events manager who was in charge but all the room and table set up is left to the catering and events staff.i think it was because i had planned lots of extra details and special touches and there would be no point to my hours of research if things hadn`t been done the way i wanted.suppose i was a bit of a bridezilla and like to be in control but on the day i could just be a bride and enjoy it xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi Everyone, I

am not looking to advertise but offer advise! I am a Wedding Co-Ordinator & deal with high & low budgets! The purpose of a Wedding Planner is to help with all aspects of co-ordination as well as keeping costs down! Wedding Planners are the best to negociate as unfortunately a lot of suppliers hear the word 'Wedding' and see the £ signs! It is your big day and you shouldn't stress you should enjoy-OK!!!

• deniseoukdeniseouk Posts: 1,920
    paramount how do you become a wedding planner. It's something I'd love to do. Can you e-mail me please.

We have a wedding co-ordinator from the venue but she is rubbish, she doesn't even answer e-mails or calls.

Personally if I think if anyone wants a wedding planner they have to use them early on in the planning not when nearly everything is sorted. x
    wedding co-ordinators at hotels usually just take all the details and booking info.on the day it is all handed over to an events manager and his / her team and it is rare that you meet them until on the day.If you have a hotel co-ordinator ring them tomorrow and ask if they will be there on the day to make sure everything goes to plan - it is very unlikely, that`s why i had an on the day co-ordinator who made sure we got everything we had planned and paid for xxx
  • Lulu1703Lulu1703 Posts: 307
    Hi there,

Please don;t consider this as advertising as i am not getting paid for this, experience purposes only - i am currently offering free on the day wedding coordination (depending on area and date). If anyone is interested please e-mail me directly.

Thanks x
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Wow, I didnt know TK were no longer trading?
  • Vixen78Vixen78 Posts: 425
    Im an events co-ordinator and plan massive budget charity balls/dinner dances etc for the company that I work for. I have to say that Im not having a wedding planner but am starting to think maybe I should. When i have any events at work, i go to the venue early in the morning and stay until the last guest leaves! I take the stress out of it for my boss and maybe should have someone there to do the same for me on my big day. If any of you know of any wedding day co-ordinators in the north east id greatly appreciate the advice! Thanks x
  • i am also avin my reception in a hotel and they provide a wedding co ordinator i thought every where did my mistake! hehe
    Quoted:
    Wow, I didnt know TK were no longer trading?

yeah they haven`t been trading for quite a while now.it was having them that inspired mum to do professionally what she had been doing for years anyway for friends and family.i really don`t know how i would have coped without mine on the day as i had planned so many details and although the hotel were completely fab and the events team excellent and the hotel co-ordinator brilliant,none of them could have done half what emma did for us. def worth it to make sure that everything was as i imagined bec i wouldn`t have known til i went in to the marquee whether or not everything was right.it was such a relief to hand it all over to someone and they dealt with all the suppliers too.xx
    Quoted:
    Im an events co-ordinator and plan massive budget charity balls/dinner dances etc for the company that I work for. I have to say that Im not having a wedding planner but am starting to think maybe I should. When i have any events at work, i go to the venue early in the morning and stay until the last guest leaves! I take the stress out of it for my boss and maybe should have someone there to do the same for me on my big day. If any of you know of any wedding day co-ordinators in the north east id greatly appreciate the advice! Thanks x

i can`t give any company names or contact details on here as i would be classed as soliciting or advertising image so if you want mum`s details you would have to email me xxxx