Wedding Jewellery

Hi again Ladies

I just wanted to know what brides are doing about the wedding day jewellery, I have to find a brooch for the sash of my chosen dress, and I have just seen online a nice one with pearls, now, I always thought I would have a more blinging set of jewellery, are you having pearls or bling or plain?

Thanks

xxxx

• Hi,

I'm personally going for classic pearls, which is basically my theme - Diamonds & Pearls/Understated elegance.

I'm thinking my rings will cover the bling aspect. x

• sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Thanks Winks, what is your ring like? Goodness I am nosy, you dont have to answer.x
  • I have a .9 Emerald cut diamond with 3 baguettes either side.

I'll try and post a pic if it can...
  • CeleryukCeleryuk Posts: 3,640
    that was not the style of my dress, at all, but I really like those very long necklaces: a gold chain, with few pearls and a ribbon on the side.

x

[Modified by: Celery on April 23, 2008 02:24 PM]
    It sounds stunning and defo blinging!, I am sure some ladies here have emerald cut, thats plenty of bling you have there, I have a princess cut 2.20 which I love. We are all lucky ladies.x
  • Winks... have you seen any lovely diamond/ pear bracelts? I am trying to find some, but not managed to find some that has really grabbed me?!
  • please ignore my terrible spelling there!!! and I meant pearl not pear!
  • Right, it's only taken me 20 minutes but hopefully you'll be able to see my e-ring... image)

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll136/Winks2008/?action=view????t=P1000786.jpg

Sidewalk - your ring sounds fab!
    Hi I could not see it, if you press the IMG button and then paste the link and then press the IMG button again, it should work, you have to press the post reply button not quick link.x
  • LOL, sorry about that, can anyone tell I'm new?! image

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll136/Winks2008/?action=view&current=P1000786.jpg

God, I hope this works... x
    Hi I can see it and it looks amazing!! I understand what you meant now about the bling, you have plenty there! Lucky lady!x
  • Yay, it worked!

Thanks very much - I do feel lucky x
    It looks like it would sparkle like crazy! Your H2B did really well!x
  • He did bless him:\)

Do you have a picture of your e-ring?

What are your thoughts re bling, pearls or plain? x

[Modified by: Winks on April 23, 2008 03:37 PM]
    Hi I dont have a pic of my ring, a few ladies have seen it from this section, I like bling, but I also like pearls, because it would go well with the sash, still deciding image!x
  • Hope you don't mind me joining in. I have just ordered my wedding jewellery at the weekend and I am so pleased with what I have ordered I am happy to recommend. Have a look at their website as there are some of the most gorgeous pieces I have seen and if you live close I would recommend an appointment with Sarah: http://euphoriacouture.co.uk. I wasn't going to go too blingy as like some of you ladies I do have a rather large diamond- however I couldn't resist a bit more sparkle image
    Welcome winter bride 08, I found the link you posted -

http://euphoriacouture.co.uk/

• that's the one!
  • HannabelleukHannabelleuk Posts: 1,134
    I think diamonds and pearls look lovely together so I am doing a bit of both - pearl necklace and bracelet, tennis bracelet and pearl/diamond drop earrings.

I am either having a plain dress or one with a few diamante brooches on it (under the bust and on the cuffs of the jacket) but can't decide which. I think both dresses will work well with the planned jewellery, and I change my mind on a daily basis as to which one I want!
  • TweetinatTweetinat Posts: 74
    Hi image

I am not a 'blingy' girl and yet I have gone all out (well, in my mind at least!) with my jewellery! I've chosen the Charleston Range from Stephanie Brown and have bought a whole number of pieces to accessorise my dress. My dress is very understated and so I think I can get away with more bling ifkwim.

Piccies of both (badly fitting) dress and chosen jewellery here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157603111502431/
    Beautiful dress Tweetinat - who makes it?
    Thank you Hannabelle =) It's a Suzanne Neville - Barcelona. It was everything I thought I didn't want in a dress - until I tried it on and completely fell head over heels for it!
    I love the dress too, there are a few SN fans here, she does the mustique which is a stunning dress also!image
    Tweetinat, I'm the same. I didn't want a strapless dress with an internal corset and a jacket (our wedding is in February), and even met with a designer to come up with something more "me", and then tried on Sassi Holford's "Olivia" and fell in love with it. I am now in a similar dilemma to sidewalk in that I have two dresses to choose between that I love!

The only drama is that I know the Sassi Holford one looks good on, and I won't know that about the bespoke one until I've parted with a lot of money and am having my toile fitting. What a dilemma!
  • rarajdukrarajduk Posts: 1,784
    Sparkles for me......

I love the ad campaign in the film "How to lose a guy....". They advised ladies to "frost yourself".

With your lace dress and colouring, I think pearls would look divine!

x

Quoted:
    I love the dress too, there are a few SN fans here, she does the mustique which is a stunning dress also!imagex

Thank you! I also LOVED mustique! In fact it was my number one right up until I tried this one on, but then the silkyness of barcelona against my skin won out image
    Quoted:
    Tweetinat, I'm the same. I didn't want a strapless dress with an internal corset and a jacket (our wedding is in February), and even met with a designer to come up with something more "me", and then tried on Sassi Holford's "Olivia" and fell in love with it. I am now in a similar dilemma to sidewalk in that I have two dresses to choose between that I love!

The only drama is that I know the Sassi Holford one looks good on, and I won't know that about the bespoke one until I've parted with a lot of money and am having my toile fitting. What a dilemma!

I know exactly what you mean! I was determined that I wanted NO shiny silks and certainly nothing tight without my belly but I think that when you find the right dress it makes you feel a million dollars and all your preconceptions go right out the window! You are very brave considering having a dress made for you!! I am sooo indecisive that I don't think I could have coped having to think about every element of the dress and would be concerned that I might not like it! But if you have the vision of what you want then having a bespoke creation will be perfect for you!
  • CLonnyCLonny Posts: 721
    Sidewalk my dress came with a stunning brooch and it looks fabulous against the backdrop of a wedding dress, it's totally bling and no pearls... I am not really a pearly person anyway, but I think go bling image

The only thing I have found is it means I will look a bit OTT with a necklace as well, so I have chandelier earrings and a blinging head comb to hold my veil on.

My shoes have a massive bling brooch type thing on the front too, I'm going to sparkle my way down that aisle! x
  • rarajdukrarajduk Posts: 1,784
    Lol.....I forgot the sparkles on my gorgeous shoes! I don't have any wedding plans, but I'm so excited about my outfit image

S - CC has some beautiful brooches!

x

Clonny,I can imagine the look of you sparkling down the aisle, I love the look you described of large earrings and hair comb, I am not wearing a veil though, Rarajd, what shoes do you have? You will have a venue, you have to be 100% sure that its right for you and your H2B.

Tweetanit, you have a lovely dress already, SN makes some great one, I think Lchambers has the mustique, it is a stunning dress.

Can I just say, ok, I am not drunk, but I am so glad that you all gave me the advice earlier and I am happy with my dress choice.xx

ps- I know Rarajd, CC does have some fab items, I am going to pop in order my sash and get some bits and bobs!x