Budget - I hate that word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me & H2B have sat down today & discussed all the Wedding Budgety Stuff. Magpie Rings sent me her planning spreadsheet which was fab - thanks!!!

We filled out all the details kinda guessing some prices for the 3 year increase & also Honeymoon prices. Although we don't know exact prices the Budget has came out at over £18k!!!!!!

That is a lot of money but it's not something that I would mind paying for the Best day of our lives!

We've already decided on the venue & guests bridesmaids etc so what we have decided is to put the Wedding Plans on hold for about 16-18 months in this time we are going to save a mimimun of £400 per month then as soon as we can get exact quotes for everything for 2011 we're going to start booking then by that time we should have quite a bit of the money put away in our savings account.

Although I'm not going to be able to stop looking at everything weddingy but I think this is the best way for us to go.

xxxxxxx

• ino, i hate that word too hehe. i think at spread sheet is the best thing, ive got one printed off, in my handbag and one on the laptop and i can refer to it when i need to

i think 18k is a lot for a wedding but if you can afford it, thats great, wish i could save up that much money hehe

i havent got anything planned yet, but that doesnt stop me looking hehe, im on here most nights surfing the net hehe

good luck
  • kathrynoukkathrynouk Posts: 2,250
    I hate the word budget as well but needs must. Just been working all mine out, we need an extra £500 to be safe which is fairly easy for us to save up between us ( thankfully) we moved into our house just over a year ago and things like bed, fridge were bought on interest free credit for 1yr and are coming to an end so we wil be using that money to help save up.