Low back underwear help

Good evening ladies! I have been a regular lurker in here for a little while now but this is my first post as I have a bit of a problem and I thought you lovely ladies might be able to help me solve it!

In a nutshell, my dress has a low back with cross-over straps so I'm looking for a strapless, low back basque / bustier in ivory that looks gorgeous and will give me a bit of a 'boost'.

So far everything I have found is either too high at the back or looks functional but not pretty. So please ladies, can you suggest where I can look next? I'm ready to throw some money at this to sort it!!

T x

• HannabelleukHannabelleuk Posts: 1,134
    Have you tried the Rigby and Peller shops? Their website doesn't show their full range, and if they have something that is almost right I think they can alter it for you (obviously at a cost).

I hope that helps.
  • macabeymacabey Posts: 2,884
    Rigby and Peller don't do low back/ v back. It's something the shop assistants want brides to write into their head office about. I was in the Chelsea shop last week looking for one. I did buy a strapless bra from there, but it's the standard straight across back.
    Following on from my previous post. The sales assistant in R&P suggested that I get cups sewn into my dress for support by the bridal shop/who ever is doing the alterations.
  • charleygirl76charleygirl76 Posts: 2,730
    Have you seen this - was advertised on YAYW a few days ago. Backless Bras -

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/index.php/v1/The_new_backless_bra_is_here!/315616

• blackstockblackstock Posts: 160
    ultimo do a low back bra i think they even do it in ivory its about £30 if this helps
  • Hi Ladies,

Thank you so much for all your suggestions! I had been in touch with Rigby and Peller and the woman on the phone said I should make an appointment with one of the shops - but she failed to mention that they don't do low backs either! So very glad to benefit from your experiences!

I think I'll have to go down the ultimo route then - it looks like it'll do the job, I was just hoping for something prettier!

Thanks again for your help!
  • what i bought the other day, is a strapless, backless bra from la senza. it has the cups to fit your size, but sticky bits to stick to your sides and it works a treat. i wore mine to work one day and it didnt budge and if tour dress has support, that will help too
    Just wandering what your bra size is Amanda Claire as the problem I'm having with backless sticky bras is the sizes that they come in. I.e. these bras seem to aim for those with backs 36+ and small cup size a-c.