Stunning wedding! And I'm inspired...

Wow wierd brides, check out this AMAZING looking wedding that was on Offbeat Bride today!

http://www.ourblogoflove.com/index.cfm?postID=98

Breathtaking!

As well as making me wish we were having something smaller and more intimate (although in reality if I was having something smaller I'd just wish I was having something bigger) I am LOVING the way the buffet table is decorated, with the tall candles and a few smaller floral arrangements.

How do you think something like that would work clustered in the middle of round tables? I'm worried tall candles might get in people's eyes and annoy them!

• Tall stuff in hte middle of round tables is usually quite a bad idea I think. Every wedding I've been to, the centrepieces have been huge, and very hard to see over and around, which annoyed me. Pick something short if you can image
  • lawveelawvee Posts: 1,378
    We're having quite tall centrepieces but hopefully won't be at eye level!
  • SifreynirSifreynir Posts: 560
    great pictures. The photography I love too!
  • jaxxukjaxxuk Posts: 184
    The one thing my dad said about the reception was that he didn't want tall displays in the middle of round tables as they are always in people's line of sight. We've went for short vases with big beautiful blooms.

Just his personal opinion, you gotta go with what you want and are happiest with though.

• ruthemilyruthemily Posts: 13,622
    Wish it said who the photographer was! I like their style!

• DustyMothDustyMoth Posts: 1,528
    Ooh, Ooh, I know this. They are called our labour of love and their website is here:

http://www.ourlaboroflove.com/

They are in Atlanta. Boo hiss. I want them... image
  • ruthemilyruthemily Posts: 13,622
    Yes, they are very good wedding photographers!

Damn that big bit of water!
  • vicster1ukvicster1uk Posts: 1,085
    great photos! gorgeous wedding!

I didn't want tall displays either but my florist said that if you are having round tables the only people you really talk to are the people are the ones at etiher side of you , or one away if it isnt too noisey. People tend to swap seats after the main course to have a natter to people at the other side of the table. I hadn't thought about it like this so we are now having GIANT martini glasses full of red gerberas! Everything is different to the way I thought it would be! Vx
  • pinky541123pinky541123 Posts: 752
    I've just left a comment - I want black baccara roses and dark purple roses but having trouble locating the purple ones! Hopefully someone can tell me what variety they are!
  • lizzypaynelizzypayne Posts: 93
    How sweet are those two old ladies!