Hi ya, do I qualify?

Hi there, not sure if I 'm unconventional enough to be here, been havin a sneaky peek at this forum and you all seem like a great bunch.

Getting married in Aug 08, we are kind of eloping but not secretly, but certainly alot less hassle.

Hope you don't mind me "forum crashin"image

• jemmajemjemmajem Posts: 1,439
    All are welcome here sparkly!!

Sounds exciting - can you give away details?
  • LittleboboukLittlebobouk Posts: 5,369
    Come on spill the beans ..and welcome image
  • Darkangel79ukDarkangel79uk Posts: 1,042
    There's everybody on here hun, from really outhere to just a different way of thinking, lots of people are following traditional routes but just questioning it 1st!

Welcome!! x
  • lissylouuk1lissylouuk1 Posts: 815
    H2b, son and myself are getting married in the lakes, there are no guests, no reception, I am having a dress,we are having photos and a posh car, we will grab our witnesses from the venue, we are having a yummy chocolate cake and a BBQ come rain or shine!! (for three) afterwards.

I am sooooooo excited, our families are all ok with it, h2b's mum is a bit put out, but she'll get over it.

I am doing my own hair/make-up which is a bit worrying but I'm practising hard. I really can't wait and I want to scream from the rooftops I'm that excited. Oh and it's also my second time around, first for my h2b.

Sometimes I feel a bit selfish, but so many people seem to be havin hassles I'm quite pleased we've been brave enough to go through with our plans!!
    Sparkly girl that sounds so intimate and romantic and sod what other people think wedding are about you and h2b no one else !!!

We have had endless complaints about our wedding ( we are getting married abroad) but have always said that this was what we would do ..big weddings are just not my h2b's thing and he would have been so unhappy it would have made me unhappy !.,.

Where are you doing the deed my h2b is from the lakes !!
    We are getting married at Kendal Reg office and having our photos taken in the Langdale Valley, which is where we are staying. A very small village called Chapel Stile. We looked into local hotels but we couldn't justify their prices, maybe we're just being tight.

We thought we would spend the money on treats for us instead, I'm having my nails done, I bought some nice jewellery and some horrendously expensive bubble bath for the day, my h2b is going to do something fun with my son the day before instead, to give me a girly day in peace!!!
    Awwww Kendal is lovely ...sounds to me as if you are going to have a lovely day xx
    Thankyou Littlebobo, when do you gey married? I see its less than 40 days, you must be getting really excited as well, I see you going abroad, Whereabouts? if thats not being too nosey.
    Sparkly girl no problems to ask ..Yes 40 days today image ..I am a little excited although a tad stressed as well !!!

I am getting married in Greece a place called Hydra ..can not wait to just get out there in the sun !!!