Oh my! 4 days to go...

I shall be leaving my apartment and heading to my hair appointment.

The first of my guests (Chief Bridslave) arrived yesterday (although, regretably her luggage didn't image ), the next one (Brideslave 3) arrives tomorrow.

I alternate between blissed out joy and happiness to stressed gibbering wreck in roughly 10 minute intervals, but H2B woke me up today by saying "Will you be mine forever?" so I think that overall I'm going to be just fine!

As things are speeding up now, I am not sure how often I will be able to check in this week but I couldn't disappear into my wedding week without thanking you all so very very much. You have been my sounding boards, cheering squad and reality check since I found you. I wish I could name check you all but I'm too afraid of leaving someone out and you have all been so brilliant to me! H2B is well used to sentences that begin with "Well, the Weird Brides were discussing..." or "The Weird Brides say..."

We are going on honeymoon straight after but when we return I will have a lovely long train ride across Europe in which to write my report up. You won't get rid of me that easily!

Thank you again, and have a lovely week.

Boos

[Modified by: BoosFW on 19 August 2008 07:48:01 ]

• lorrdainelorrdaine Posts: 1,316
    good luck boos

enjoy the whole week xxxxxxx
  • SwanlakeSwanlake Posts: 1,032
    Good luck! I hope that you have a wonderful wedding and Honeymoon.

xxx
  • Darkangel79ukDarkangel79uk Posts: 1,042
    Ooooooooooheeeeeeee good luck!!! Can't wait to see report and pics image x
  • nikolinauknikolinauk Posts: 687
    Good luck and have fun!

Report and pics - yes please!! Just please don't make us wait as long as another wierd bride recently did!! x
  • Lula_sweetpeaLula_sweetpea Posts: 1,401
    Who could that be, I wonder?!!

Enjoy every moment boos! It will be everything you've been dreaming about and you will be filled with excitement and joy!

Can't wait to see your pics of the ca dress!
  • donnasukdonnasuk Posts: 658
    hey sweetie

was going to do you an fao this week but you got in before me

so remember what i said - delegate and breathe!!

...and smile!!!

and if you need anything just mail me - am back at school from tomorrow so am very nearby!!

thinking of you

donna

• Good luck! I'm getting married next Saturday too. I shall probably be watching the Olympics at 9 in the morning though lol
  • SkipulaSkipula Posts: 1,763
    Good luck Boos - have a great time but don't fall in any canals! Can't wait to see your CA dress in full.

Welovepandas - all the best, I'm sure you'll get your own good luck topic - I'll start it right now! image
  • Good luck. I hope you get to enjoy the wedding build-up and have a great day and honeymoon.
  • NaomeiNaomei Posts: 2,273
    Boos! Hope it is a great build up and a lovely day! Can't wait to hear all about it (and I second what anilokin said about making us wait too long!). I bet it will be fantastic. x
  • Mrs-BooMrs-Boo Posts: 208
    Thank you all so much. I thought I'd do an early morning message as the sun is shining here in Amsterdam and things are very peaceful.

Chief Brideslave arrived on Friday morning, regrettably without luggage. By Saturday she and her luggage were reunited so all was well.

Brideslave 3 arrived 30 minutes early on the Sunday. With luggage...

Despite only having met once before (one lives in America, the other in Africa) they get on fantastically. The weekend passed in a riotous blur of wine and laughter.

Even greater hilarity ensued when they decided to show off their dresses. By some quirk of fate they have both bought, on separate continents, with no communication (my only guidelines were "wear what you feel beautiful in", no colour requests, nothing), almost identical dresses. Chief Brideslave's is Cadbury purple with a halter neck. Brideslave 3's is dark sky blue, same bust line detailing but shoulder straps. Identical material and cut of the skirt. I was with Brideslave 2 when she chose her dress so I know that her's is a pale mauve which tones precisely with the other two dresses and has a slightly different but coordinating bust line detail.

I don't know how this happened, but I am secretly very pleased!

I have been very wedding planning averse in the last couple of days. The excitement of having the people I love best arrive and the realisation that there is probably still a lot to do and feeling slightly overwhelmed by not knowing where to start has hit.

The boy is in tip top form, but very much in the doghouse for jumping for joy when he found an obscure type of cheese in the market when he hasn't even been nearly as delerious with joy over the impending nuptials.

Yesterday, Chief Brideslave and I hid in the cinema and watched Mamma Mia! I highly recommend this for Brides in their final days. Not only is it a total feel good movie but it gives you an excuse to totally switch off for a couple of hours, sit in the dark and be entertained rather than worrying about how you are going to entertain a wedding full of people in just a few short days.

Today we make cookie dough for the cookie bag giveaways and start putting some order around all the threads of planning.

The weather is doing the traditional Dutch "3 seasons in one day". I am obsessively checking any and all weather websites but relying on KNMI, the Dutch weather service.

Thank you again for all my messages and to Skip for starting a good luck thread for myself and WeLovePandas.

Above all else, I am so desperately excited to be marrying my boy that my toes curl whenever I think of it.

Have a good rest of the week. I hope the sun shines on you wherever you are!

[Modified by: BoosFW on August 19, 2008 08:16 AM]

• aw good luck, the dresses sound gorgeous x
  • gindigindi Posts: 1,369
    Boos, what a gorgeous message from you this morning. How wonderful that your brideslaves are great mates already - but that's testament to what a lovely person YOU are as well!

I am sure the sun will shine and the day you and Mr Boos become each other's, forever, will be beautiful!

Looking forward to your report and pics...

XXX
  • MirjamukMirjamuk Posts: 190
    Heel veel plezier, success en zonneschijn gewenst!

(I wish you loads of fun, good luck and Sunshine)

Cant wait to hear and see everything about your Dutch wedding, makes mine seem somehow closer for this time next year....!