FAO everyone, but Mrs Jessicad especially!

As today is the lovely Mrs Jessicad's first anniversary, I would like to take the opportunity to point you all in the direction of what is definitely one of the most moving, inspiring and elegantly written wedding reports ever: some of you will have missed it the first time round and some of you will, I am sure, enjoy reading it again as much I just have.

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/index.php/chatroom/topic/47175?startnum=1

From one old married to another, Happy Anniversary and much love, Mrs Jessicad - hope you both have a fabulous day! xxx

(Are you doing anything paper-themed? Writing Mr D a short novel, perchance...? image )

• What a wonderful wedding report. I indeed haven't seen this before since I've only been using the forum for a few months. I shall have to find some time at work to read it all properly though!!

Puts me off writing my own when the time comes though.

congratulations on the first anniversary mrs jessicad.
  • SkipulaSkipula Posts: 1,763
    Congratulations, Mrsjessicad!

I hope the "peanut" is giving you a day off from morning sickness and that you both have a lovely day image
  • CeleryukCeleryuk Posts: 3,640
    Happy anniversary MrsJessicad!

It is absolutely true, your report was so well written, it was elegant and I think Dave and I looked at your photos maybe 100 times!

• saf28saf28 Posts: 645
    Happy Anniversary Mrsjessicad! I must have missed something, but will add a further congratulations from Skipula's post too! image

Sarah

x

PS: where did the last 12 months disappear?!
  • Happy Anniversary to the Jessicads :\)

Hope you have a wonderful day, and that 'everything else'* is going well.

I've just read your marvellous wedding report in complete awe! It was an absolute delight to read, and you look positively regal in your photos.

Hope that you are enjoying married life, and that the next few months go smoothly for you.

*Worst euphemism ever...
  • NaomeiNaomei Posts: 2,273
    Just read the report and it was great, and lovely to see the photos - how gorgeous! I guess I missed the report the first time round as I was still unaware of YAYW - can you imagine?! image

Happy anniversary Jessica and Matt!
  • kate342kate342 Posts: 3,358
    Oh my God image

It's been a year?!

When I stumbled on one of Jessica's posts on BJ's thread just now all her wedding pics came flooding back. It's one of my favourite YAYW weddings ever.

I can't believe it was a year ago though - that's mad!

Congratulations :\)

xxxx
  • macabeymacabey Posts: 2,884
    Happy Anniversary, I too can't believe it's been a year and have just re-read your report. Hoping you've had a wonderful day.
  • NifferyNiffery Posts: 7,908
    What a wonderful report! Thank you Mrs Banana Jam.

Happy anniversary Mrs Jessicad xx
  • Lula_sweetpeaLula_sweetpea Posts: 1,401
    Oh I've loved reading this again, what a wondrous day it was!

Congratulations Mr and Mrs JD's and their little present.

Someone should repost a certain other bananajam flavour report!
  • ruthemilyruthemily Posts: 13,622
    Sorry to join the party so late! Happy Anniversary to you both! And I hope the little bean is treating you well!

I'm off to read your report now, like NC, I was totally unaware of this place last year! What did I do with my time?!
  • NaomeiNaomei Posts: 2,273
    Ha ha ruthemily! I know what I did with my time - I spent it on another forum (which I now hardly ever visit!). I prefer this forum though as everyone is so supportive and nice! Plus I get to meet them in real life too! Woo!
  • Oh, Mrs Jam! Thank you! I think that this thread is one of the best anniversary presents we could have had! And thank you to everyone for your lovely comments!

Apologies for the delay in saying all this. We actually spent our anniversary drinking (a very small amount of) champagne on the top of Red Pike in Borrowdale. It was rather a damp anniversary, but after last year's rain, that seemed appropriate somehow. image And Mr d got a map as a present - a reprint of a 19th century one, I grant you. Which is what he gets for marrying a historian! image

The small thing gave me a few days off while we were away, although it apparently does not approve of car trips. :rolleyes: Which puts to rest any doubts Mr d (the eco-warrior of the family) might have had about it not being his! image

Anyway, thank you all so, so much for the lovely comments about the report. It was a pleasure to write - almost as much of a pleasure as the wedding itself! :/)
  • banana_jambanana_jam Posts: 2,215
    Mrs Jessicad, I just wanted to tell you this - one of my wedding photos is of everyone present standing in front of the venue, and I only noticed quite recently that amid all the faces, you can just see my Mum and Dad holding hands. The first time I saw it, it reminded me straight away of An Arundel Tomb - and now whenever I see it, without fail it makes me think of you! :\)