Dream wedding In our head ideas that may have to stay there

Ok so, floating in and out of my head are all these ideas. Which for one reason or another I wont use, or be able to use.... Just wondered if anyone else has this, maybe something I won't be using somone else could snap up and verse versa...

Getting married on the half way mark of a grand stair case, so the bride and groom come down the two seperate cases, which at the 'ceremony' point join in to one stair case. Which means all the rows of chairs at bottom of stairs and every one has a view....

[Modified by: mmarcella on 18 August 2008 10:24:59 ]

• Sepia tone photo booth area thingy....

Was thinking of having rather than the photo booth a olde worlde area Old fashioned sofa, where you add dress up items like boa and hat and have an old fashioned photo taken

May be a possibiliy still budget depending...:\)
  • WitchyAnneWitchyAnne Posts: 849
    We're doing that, as everyone is arriving in Victorian attire anyway! image
    I've had to shelve my horse and carriage - just can't afford it at present.

Oh also all the black umbrellas I wanted to buy6 for the guests to use, as it will be October and maybe rain and all black umbrellas will look better than allsorts.

• oh my god where do i start!

i'd have loved to:

actually i've just had a really amazing moment where i have realised that even though i thought there was loads of things i wanted but couldn't have there actually isn't. i feel like iv just had a really special moment! i am having everything i want only on a smaller scale with less people.

thank you, if it wasn't for this post i would not be grinning like a mad woman right now! x

• oh and they have some black umbrellas in primark, they are fold up ones but they are black with gold glitter effect and about £3 each so may be better than nothing x
  • Lula_sweetpeaLula_sweetpea Posts: 1,401
    Ooo we had a dressing up box, full of silly hats( bowler was in there) bonnets and feather boas!!

Was so much fun- as the night wore on they were passed around and there is a lot of hysterically funny pics in our poloroid guestbook as a result.

I bought them all at bootfairs and charity shops.

I'm sure I saw a wedding in a mag where they had the ceremony on the landing of a big stairway. I think it was at the Royal Insitutes of Architects(known as RIBA)
    Quoted:
    oh and they have some black umbrellas in primark, they are fold up ones but they are black with gold glitter effect and about £3 each so may be better than nothing x

Ooh thanks!! image
  • iansprincess glad your having all your dreams come true xx

at one point i was thinking of having a crazy golf table top game made... so each table is a different hole and giving out score cards etc.... H2b is golf mad, and it would have been a way to get people to mingle, am a bit worried about flying balls and drinks and the likes tho...may scale this down and still have something
  • mcartoonmcartoon Posts: 1,383
    RIBA looks gorgeous but pricey! I too liked the idea of a grand staircase. They do that at Culzean Castle but costs £10k for the day!

xx