dress needs a little "something"

http://www.bestbridalprices.com/alfred-angelo-bridesmaid-dress-6493-p-14583.html?cPath=3_523 -

dress something similar to this, ( not sweet heart, has some diamante on the breast, more and lower ruched semi apron) love the colour, looks stunning on, alas for the bride, I feel slightly under...? Dressed? Blinged?

Theres a ickle bit of me that sees a bridesmaid, not bride when I look at my reflection. But no other dress comes near.

So.

Suggestions on how to make this none bridesmaid-y? I considered adding darker shades of silver, or chocolate, but can not think how - and perhaps a bit of a puddle type train, possibly considering the setting a velvet gunmetal grey cloak. I know black would go but thats a little to dark for my liking.

:\?

Ideas pretty please ladies?

• gindigindi Posts: 1,369
    What's the setting? When is your wedding?
  • ribbonsukribbonsuk Posts: 213
    setting is an former abbey - ( we have it to ourselves for a full 24 hours! )

and the big day is 25 th april
  • gindigindi Posts: 1,369
    Some kind of cloak with a bit of a train would look awesome then? Or a fabulous headpiece would make it less bridesmaidy... have you tried a veil? Or even carrying a bouquet might make you feel more bridey.

Are you having bridesmaids? Because if you are that might make it even easier for you NOT to look bridesmaidy because you'll be the only one in ivory!
  • lrbpielrbpie Posts: 2,280
    I agree with gindi's suggestions.

I think a veil is the instant way to make any dress look bride-y - even if it's a birdcage veil rather than the traditional long one. If you're not keen on a veil then a cloak could be great.... how about one made of organza or lace, would be very bridal?

Or I can see the dress looking great with a bolero with long sleeves and a high collar.

Are you having your hair in an updo? I think a fancy hairstyle, with glittery bits or flowers in it, also says "bride" rather than "bridesmaid"...

What are your bridesmaids wearing (if you are having them)? for example if you put them in knee length dresses then that will make you stand out more in your full length dress.

I wouldn't go with more bling on the dress as it could make it more like an evening dress.

At the end of the day everyone will know you're the bride whatever you wear! the important thing is that you are happy with how you look.
  • ribbonsukribbonsuk Posts: 213
    this is true, I think I am going to have to drag dress out with me and try on a few boleros, ( I agree with the collar and the cloak both) as I am only having a flower girl ( white with probably matching ribbons or embroidery) I won't have to worry about the BMsimage Possibly looking at floral headress and such to round things out. See how I get on.