what can we do that will fit the theme?

hi ladies, i need some ideas.

i really liked the tree/thumbprint thing and we want something similar, as we will be less than 20 we need something that will work with fewer people.

the theme is black and white with sparkelyness and crystals (bouquet etc)

so, im really stuck, what can we do? I had thought of getting a black canvas and people writting messages in silver pen but then what would i do with it after the wedding? i'd like something we can have in the house somewhere.

any ideas? x

• nadiaeuknadiaeuk Posts: 696
    Lots of people get a photomount and get everyone to sign that.

What about tags although that would be difficult to display in the house afterwards.

You've got me thinking actually. Our wedding is about 20 people and all our place cards have the design below on them.

What about doing the thumbprint on a twig - does that sound pathetic.

hmmmmm (thinks to self) might do that myself actually
  • NaomeiNaomei Posts: 2,273
    You can get wedding plates where people sign in special pen and then you bake it in the oven to 'fix' it. That way you could use the plate, or display it.

The other thing you could do is the polaroid album - Lula had those and they were really nice, and if you have fewer people then you could always just have more photos of each person!

Another thing I saw in a wedding mag was a canvas which had been divided up into squares, and each person did one square. So the whole picture made up a flower (or whatever) but each square of it had been painted by someone different. You could do this for 20 people easily enough.
  • gindigindi Posts: 1,369
    Someone else mentioned a similar idea where the guests were asked to paint a heart in each square, which I reckon would look fantastic! Some people would just do a plain heart but I think others would be really creative - such a nice memento!
  • I'm having gift tags tied to silver twigs wrapped with fairy lights to fit our black, ivory and sparkley theme, and then will frame them after the wedding. Get to 'lose' any I don't like then too! image
  • Lula_sweetpeaLula_sweetpea Posts: 1,401
    Poloroid albums are really good, especially if you're friends are a bit batty like mine! We had a dressing up box so people were wearing hats so added to general silliness.

I've also been at a wedding where there was a big picture of the couple and then people wrote messages all around on the white surround. You could then frame that and hang it in your house.

Did Mrs waight do that at her wedding, or am I imagining it?!

Just read nadia's message, is that what you mean by photomount? Sorry for repeating your idea!
  • thanks ladies, lots of good ideas as usual.

i really like the twig idea nadia and it would look lovely in my living room as that too is black / white ish.

love the hearts idea too, especially as we have 13 adults and 6 kids (between 1 and 5 years) so i think the mix would be fab!

where do you get a poloroid camera from, i know my friend got one recently and it cost her about 70 quid, which i dont have. dont really want to ask to borrow it though coz shes not invited to the 'wedding weekend' x
  • ruthemilyruthemily Posts: 13,622
    You should be able to find a polaroid camera for cheaper than that. Mine cost me about £20 on ebay - just keep looking out for the bargains! They may be a little more now since the stock is coming to an end, but I'd have thought you'd be able to find one for less than £70.

Where abouts are you?

I like your idea of the silver on black paper. How about drawing out a rough tree, and asking people to write their messages along the lines, thus forming the trunk and twigs?
  • ruthemily you are a genius!

i completely love it, think i'll still do the hearts thing as well though, it will also give us something to do on the sunday x
  • niki18_ukniki18_uk Posts: 444
    Sorry for being stupid but what is the thumb print/ tree thing?? sounds interesting!