Woodbridge/Ipswich Venues help needed?

Hi.... We have only lived (near woodbridge) for 3 years and never been to a wedding in this area I am asking for your help girls with a venue to take about 40 close freinds and family. We dont have a huge budget. ... so thinking reg office then a meal after... Or maybe a BBQ idea its where we can have it really....:\?We were thinking next summer sometime as yet to set the date... Dee :\?

• lrbpielrbpie Posts: 2,280
    Hiya

Just an idea but you could have a look at the Milsoms group:

http://www.milsomhotels.com

I've been to Kesgrave Hall recently for dinner and it's been done really nicely and the food was good. Most of their venues have some private rooms for hire or with 40 you might be able to hire the main space.

xx
  • nadiaeuknadiaeuk Posts: 696
    I got married at Butley Priory and they were amazing. It's very close to Woodbridge and they do anything from v small to v large weddings (we had 21 in the end but they have organised a wedding for 4!)

When you say your budget isn't huge I'm not sure qutie what you mean but i thought they were very reasonable and the rooms certainly have the wow fcctor. The staff there had amazing attention to detail - I can't praise them enough

www.butleypriory.co.uk

if you want to know anything more or ask any pertinent questions about the venue that you don't feel you can ask them, then please feel free to email me!

Good luck
  • My mum just got married at woodbridge reg office (do you know it only holds 20 ppl?!! Ipswich holds aruond 50) and then had meal at Seckford Hall, thier meal was fantastic. may be pricey though. i went to an 18th bday party there about 10 years ago and it is a beautiful venue. also try Glemham Hall. a huge stately home off the A12 about 15 mins out of Woodbridge. the people who own it Philip and Raewyn (pronounced Raywin) Hope-Cobbold are lovely, have known them for years and they will take very good care of you. they have anexcellent staff team who work like trojans to get you the day you want. check out their website, can't remember the add, google will help i'm sure!.

also how about Aldeburgh on the East coast, about half an hour outside w'bridge. i'm getting married there at the white lion hotel. also try THorpeness country club, stunning venue, just out of our budget unfortunately. also Leiston Abbey, again about half hour away from Woodbridge. a lovely ruined abbey with converted barn. v romantic! hope this helps!
  • chess4chess4 Posts: 1,831
    My h2b's cousin got married at the Swan in Lavenham at the end of last year (with civil ceremony there too). Its a gorgeous venue, lots of rooms as well. Might be worth a look?
  • I can second the butley priory I havebeen to a do there and it is relly lovely just a little different.
  • I got married in Woodbridge registry office! It is very small though, you might have to go to Ipswich which is bigger.

There's a fantastic place in near Woodbridge called The Old Rectory. It's in Campsea Ashe and is actually a luxury B and B. We stayed there awhile back and it is sooo gorgeous.

They have weddings and parties and would be so perfect for an intimate wedding. The garden and house are beautiful, think the owner is a famous interior desiger and the food was delicious and all organic.

Oo I feel all excited ! It would be such a good place for a wedding.

http://www.theoldrectorysuffolk.com/home.htm

Or if you wanted somewhere grander,Hintelsham Hall is just outside Ipswich. You could probably have a lovely private dining room.

http://www.hintleshamhall.co.uk/index.htm

I have also been to weddings at Snape Maltings and Leiston Abbey and they were both great places. Good luck.

Hope you will let us know where you choose! Such a beautiful part of the world.
  • I went to a wedding at the Town Hall bit in the centre - sorry can't remember what it's called. The reception was in the school nearby. It was actually really nice as the food was excellent and the hall looked great all decorated. There was a stage that they had a band on and they'd even put luxury toiletries in the loos, so didn't really feel like a school.

In Ipswich Christchurch Mansion has a lovely room for ceremonies, all wood panelled. Holds about 50.

Lots of lovely places in Suffolk, good luck choosing.
  • Lizzyt2Lizzyt2 Posts: 7

Hi there Does anyone have any experience of the food and service at The Old Rectory Campse Ashe please? As it's such a small venue in terms of number of weddings it's proving really difficult to get any reviews and feedback on wedding receptions. I'd love to hear from anyone who has held or attended a wedding there or knows someone that has to hear your thoughts and feedback. Thanks in advance.