50's theme i need....

All the help and ideas i can get. We haven't finalised our date yet so so i have plenty of time to gather your thoughts and ideas you can give lol. My colour theme is going to be red and black. I have my tea length dress already it's ivory. Im gonna wear my hair out and curly want a flower in the side. someone has mentioned red shoes with the dress?? Thoughts and ideas please ;\)

• Hi BridalButterfly,

just wanted to let you know that i am holding a vintage afternoon tea for brides to be who are interested in having vintage styled weddings - held one on sunday and it was very successful so if you'd be interested in coming to the next one let me know!

• emsyjemsyj Posts: 3,807
    Have you checked out the 50s wedding blog?

http://50s-style-wedding.blogspot.com/
  • HallyWifeyHallyWifey Posts: 2,181
    Cupcakes, polka dots and for transport, something in the 1950's vein. Good luck planning! x
  • 50's theme..that is original and interesting. As an idea, you could use some vinyl records as placemats. I am sure there are lots of second hand record stores where you can buy black vinyl with a red lable. If you are in / around London...happy to let you know some seconds hand stores you could try.

• Quoted:
    Hi BridalButterfly,

just wanted to let you know that i am holding a vintage afternoon tea for brides to be who are interested in having vintage styled weddings - held one on sunday and it was very successful so if you'd be interested in coming to the next one let me know!

x

Hello,

Could you also please keep me updated about the next meet up. i would love to come along and chat with other 'vintage' brides!!

Miss T xxx :\)