I think I've found the perfect Rock/Alternative song!!!

I am getting married in October 2018 and so far this year I have been endlessly searching for the song I'd like to walk down the aisle too. Me and my partner are both rock lovers, I'm 22 so I grew up through the years of My chemical romance, Greenday. the whole emo scene.

Anywayyy...I really struggled to find a song for the wedding ceremony and all I saw suggested was Foo Fighters and guns and roses (I'm not the biggest fan of either) 

I am however a HUGE fan of The Darkness. The iconic song I believe in a thing called love, wish you could have it as a mellow version? I FOUND IT. I'm in love and will be having this. check it out:

• Laura349Laura349 Posts: 987 New bride
    Laura837 wrote (see post):

I am getting married in October 2018 and so far this year I have been endlessly searching for the song I'd like to walk down the aisle too. Me and my partner are both rock lovers, I'm 22 so I grew up through the years of My chemical romance, Greenday. the whole emo scene.

Anywayyy...I really struggled to find a song for the wedding ceremony and all I saw suggested was Foo Fighters and guns and roses (I'm not the biggest fan of either) 

I am however a HUGE fan of The Darkness. The iconic song I believe in a thing called love, wish you could have it as a mellow version? I FOUND IT. I'm in love and will be having this. check it out:

Aww wow! I’m so happy you managed to find a song, myself and h2b are 27 and 31 so we were together through the whole emo stage of things lol! 

With you mentioning the darkness I’ve just thought of another song of theirs - Love is only a feeling! I might have to mention this to my h2b 😂

• That would be a great song! I might see if there's a slower version somewhere because these are for my 'walk down the aisle' song and for some reason in my head an actual rock song just doesn't work haha. 

I was going with Biffy Clyro - Rearrange at one point but I'd love to find a song me and h2b agree on and so far The Darkness is the only one! 

• Laura349Laura349 Posts: 987 New bride
    Laura837 wrote (see post):

That would be a great song! I might see if there's a slower version somewhere because these are for my 'walk down the aisle' song and for some reason in my head an actual rock song just doesn't work haha. 

I was going with Biffy Clyro - Rearrange at one point but I'd love to find a song me and h2b agree on and so far The Darkness is the only one! 

At least your agreeing on a band or song though! When myself and my h2b sit and try to think of songs our minds go blank, or all we can think o is rock songs which aren’t ‘weddingy‘ haha!

• MC98MC98 Posts: 211

You should check out the version of I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Postmodern Jukebox as well- they do gorgeously vintage covers of modern songs... we very very nearly had their version as our first dance, but went with Baby I’m Yours by Artic Monkeys instead

I asked our harpist to learn I believe in a thing called love for signing of the register though as a surprise for hubs :)

• Love this version @Laura837. Great choice! 

• I’m walking up the aisle to kings of leon. 

• GoingtobeMrsS wrote (see post):

I’m walking up the aisle to kings of leon. 

Oh cool what song? :D

• MC98 wrote (see post):

You should check out the version of I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Postmodern Jukebox as well- they do gorgeously vintage covers of modern songs... we very very nearly had their version as our first dance, but went with Baby I’m Yours by Artic Monkeys instead

I asked our harpist to learn I believe in a thing called love for signing of the register though as a surprise for hubs :)

I stumbled across their version when I was looking for one, It's good not my cuppa but I can defo appreciate that style! 

That sounds amazing, I'd love a harpist but splashed out on live music at the reception instead haha.

• Casey101 wrote (see post):

Love this version @Laura837. Great choice! 

Thank you! Can't wait for my friends to hear it haha

• MrsNolanMrsNolan Posts: 684 New bride

I walked down the aisle to 21 pilots version of can't help falling in love and my first dance was Biffy Clyro - Machines 

• Laura837 wrote (see post):
    GoingtobeMrsS wrote (see post):

I’m walking up the aisle to kings of leon. 

Oh cool what song? :D

Use somebody. 

Not sure whether to use an acoustic version I’ve found or the original 

• As a rock/metal lover i've chosen the darkness, I believe in a thing called love as our exit song when we leave the ceremony.

I have Alice Cooper - Poison [piano version] for my entrance

Bon Jovi - Always and need to choose another for signing the register

The Darkness - I believe in a thing called love for exiting the room

we have also chosen a first dance song but that's being kept secret until we decide if that's defiantly what we're having

• I walked out of the ceremony to Queen- I was Born to Love You.