Ideas on how to make this dress weddingy ?

imageimage

I don't do dresses at all and I hate every single wedding dress i've looked at.
I haven't brought this yet but It's in the sale & I really love it.

How could I make it more wedding like? As in accessories, make up, hair, shoes - have to be flat... 
etc. 

I was thinking of getting either ;

(can choose the text colour)

or 

(With this one, wouldn't know what colours to go for as our theme is red & navy,
but love the dress above)

• A lot of people may tell you otherwise but it's your wedding day, you wear what you feel most comfortable in. You don't have to match you're theme. Red and black work well together too, purple works with both navy and red and would go amazingly with the dress!

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316

I love that dress! I'd have a veil with the two colours of chiffon that are in the dress, a long one of the kind that goes on the back of your head, with red or purple roses in your hair and your bouquet the same. I pair of great shoes or boots, a red lippy, and jobs a good 'un. I'd probably add a serpent bracelet in silver just for good measure (but I think that's my inner goth calling...)

As above, don't think your dress needs to match your theme, carrying the red through would be enough. 

• SlySly Posts: 36 New bride
    Funnily enough, along the same lines... ish. I am just debating if I can get away with a navy palazzo pant jumpsuit!! I too hate the bog standard generic wedding dress, sorry, I know many love them and that's cool, it's your day so wear what you love. This is an older post so did you get the dress afterwards? 
  • longhaullonghaul Posts: 22 New bride
    your a bride so wear what you like, the veil makes it more noticeably bridal to onlookers but I'm sure your guests know your the bride

I like the 'hell yeah' veil with your dress
  • Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 580 New bride
    longhaul said:
    your a bride so wear what you like, the veil makes it more noticeably bridal to onlookers but I'm sure your guests know your the bride

I like the 'hell yeah' veil with your dress
    Yet another thread dragged up from over a year ago, I'm pretty sure she's got it sorted. 
  • longhaullonghaul Posts: 22 New bride
    Jesus sorry I didn't realize this forum is so painfully dead... this was one the FIRST PAGE for god sake, its not like I trawled the depths of the website looking to irritate people, Ive never been on a forum where something thats only like 5 from the top is over a year old

clearly this place isn't friendly or useful since you get called out for helpfully answering posts that are only a couple from the top post and since obviously there only about 5 people using the forum in the first place
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,306 New bride
    Actually @longhaul it's super friendly. No need to bite at people. There's a lot of spam on this site and they tend to comment on old posts. I imagine that's what @Hullass1972 thought was when commenting. 

Welcome to the site and hopefully you find it useful for planning your wedding!
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 580 New bride
    Actually @longhaul it's super friendly. No need to bite at people. There's a lot of spam on this site and they tend to comment on old posts. I imagine that's what @Hullass1972 thought was when commenting. 

Welcome to the site and hopefully you find it useful for planning your wedding!
    That's exactly what I was thinking, not sure which section you found it on the first page @longhaul but as @GinAndBling said, people posting spam tend to drag up old posts so it's suspicious when it happens. The recent discussions thread is the best one to be on as those posts are all up to date and relevant.

Apologies if I made you feel unwelcome, we are a very friendly bunch on here, so much so I'm still here over 4 years after my wedding, but as you can now see, we tend to jump on spammers pretty quickly lol