Is anyone walking down the Aisle to something unconventional?

I think I want to walk down to something to make people laugh, I’m not a serious person and I wanna show that. I’m also a massive geek so I’m currently learning towards Darth Vader’s Imperial March. 

if any has any other suggestions I’d love to hear about them

• MrsMGMrsMG Posts: 359

I walked down to Concerning Hobbits from Lord of the Rings 

• Michelle330Michelle330 Posts: 119
    MrsMG wrote (see post):

I walked down to Concerning Hobbits from Lord of the Rings 

Awesome!

• Just shown hubby to be this and he thinks you’re brilliant. It’s his ringtone for me. 

He did ask if I’d walk up the aisle to it. 

I’m walking in to Kings of Leon. 

• But we are walking back  down the aisle together after to the superman theme 

GoingtobeMrsS wrote (see post):

Just shown hubby to be this and he thinks you’re brilliant. It’s his ringtone for me. 

He did ask if I’d walk up the aisle to it. 

I’m walking in to Kings of Leon. 

Haha, mines the opposite, he wanted something serious and traditional throughout the day, this was our compromise, I can arrive to something silly as that’s just about me, if our first dance is more traditional. 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,595 New bride

I've always said I would walk down the aisle to Place Your Hands by Reef but now it's come to it I'm not sure.....maybe use for the exit song.

• Kitty12Kitty12 Posts: 119 New bride

I walked down to the theme of Final Fantasy X, and then we had the score from Blade Runner as background music for signing the register, and while we walked out 

• redhair82redhair82 Posts: 289 New bride

We are walking down to the theme from Jurassic Park. Our favourite movie, and perfect for our woodland theme. 

• Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 546 New bride

As this was my 3rd marriage I wanted us to walk back up the aisle to Britney Spears, Oops I Did it Again...unfortunately the hubster didn't see the funny side 

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316
    Hullass1972 wrote (see post):

As this was my 3rd marriage I wanted us to walk back up the aisle to Britney Spears, Oops I Did it Again...unfortunately the hubster didn't see the funny side 

This made me LOL a lot!

My sister always says that if she gets married again, she'll have Mid-life Crisis by Faith no More...

We don't have an aisle so don't need walk on music, but if we did I'd probably choose one of the themes from the film Amelie. And walk out to the last movement of Asyla by Thomas Ades, kinda classical but would prepare people for the rave up to come. 

• SpacepuffinSpacepuffin Posts: 664

I walked in to “Please please please let me get what I want“ by The Smiths. I loved it!

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

My mum wanted that or another one bites the dust for her 4th wedding last year haha

• I would love a piper to play as I walk out but not sure if we can have one yet

I then thought about the theme from Highlander, but we played that at H2B's mum's funeral so not sure how he would feel about it. She absolutely loved the music and I thought it might be one way of having her as part of our day.

I definitely want Bryan Adams played and trying to get a bit of Meatloaf or Iron Maiden played as well... not sure what my family will think if we played Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter as I walked in

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 405 New bride

My name is Katrina and so I joked with my Hubby that I'd be walking down the aisle to Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine. I spent so long joking about it that I actually spent ages searching for a slowed down acoustic version,  and if I'd have found a good enough version I would have walked down the aisle to it.

I think its the little details like this that make a wedding personal and unique. Go for what you want!!

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

I walked to the Star Wars throne room music, it was something the other half really wanted and i couldn't think of anything better and wanted to do that for him :)

Elz2017 wrote (see post):

This made me LOL a lot!

My sister always says that if she gets married again, she'll have Mid-life Crisis by Faith no More...

Brilliant!!! 

Sadieee wrote (see post):

My mum wanted that or another one bites the dust for her 4th wedding last year haha

That would've been ace lol

KerryNash2B wrote (see post):

I would love a piper to play as I walk out but not sure if we can have one yet

I then thought about the theme from Highlander, but we played that at H2B's mum's funeral so not sure how he would feel about it. She absolutely loved the music and I thought it might be one way of having her as part of our day.

I definitely want Bryan Adams played and trying to get a bit of Meatloaf or Iron Maiden played as well... not sure what my family will think if we played Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter as I walked in

Hubster was in charge of the pre bridal entrance music and the final song before my entrance was Kick the Bride down the Aisle by Morrissey!!

redhair82 wrote (see post):

We are walking down to the theme from Jurassic Park. Our favourite movie, and perfect for our woodland theme. 

That was my original suggestion for our first dance

• Sarah1066Sarah1066 Posts: 1

We have a friend playing Iron Maiden - Fear of the dark on Violin. Just the intro - it works really well. 

• MrsW-22MrsW-22 Posts: 354 New bride

I'm walking up the aisle to the Lord of the rings fellowship of the ring tune. I love it. ♡