Colour Weddings

Have any couples considered having colour for their wedding reception and/or ceremony? This would make a change from the traditional white or ivory and be something completely different.

I would like to hear from any couples out there that are planning to have lots of colour at their wedding reception and ceremony. And what your colour scheme will be. :)

• I want a sunset theme. There is no way I would have a plain white or pale wedding. 
  • kate268kate268 Posts: 82 New bride
    I had loads of colour! Hot pink, navy, yellow, green and orange! 
  • Were having a wildflower style, with bright flowers and small bits of bright colour in amongst the natural beauty of the venue
  • Thank you for all your comments.  They sound great! 
    White weddings are very plain and clinical you're constantly having to look for things to stand out.  I've noticed that royal blue seems to be popular and a friend of a friend sent me this to look at:

What do you think?
  • MrsMGMrsMG Posts: 360 New bride
    Our wedding colour were navy blue and purple to match my husband's tartan kilt. My dress was purple to match the tartan, our flowers were blue and purple and table/seat decorations and coverings were navy, purple and silver.  
  • MrsMG - that sounds like a great 3 colour combination. People are sometimes scared to experiment with colour combinations but if you want something different and unique to you both, you've got to step out of your comfort zone.