Dress in STAGE 5!

Milly Bridal has 6 production stages and mine just leapt from stage 2 to stage 5!!

I am SOOO DYING here and wondering "Did they get it right?Even though they've had TONS of photos, did they get it right?!" and "Ooh, how did it go 3 stages so fast!??! Eek!"

Oh I am excited and so scared at the same time! Excited to see it and SO scared they'll cock it up (the back is detailed, but not that complicated!!)

Oh gosh I need to calm down!

• NaomeiNaomei Posts: 2,273
    Congrats Anne! I know how you feel as I just put the deposit on my dress last weekend! It seems sooo far away though... I haven't even been measured yet! That won't happen till Nov/Dec. Oh well! It's nice having something to look forward to! image
  • SkipulaSkipula Posts: 1,763
    It's so exciting when your dress is nearly in your possession!

Naocat - which dress did you decide on in the end or is it a secret?
  • WitchyAnneWitchyAnne Posts: 849
    Thanks chicks! ROLL ON NOV/DEC!! image
  • ukztweeukztwee Posts: 181
    Hi Anne,

Milly have different stages for different levels/types of beading, etc on the dresses. So it depends what style your dress is, if you have beading (or how much beading), etc as to how quickly the stages are complete.

I am getting a dress made by them - they said it would be finished by a certain date and it was only at stage 2 and I mailed to ask if there was a problem. They said no and then within a few hours it was finished!?! I mailed again to ask what was going on and they said stages 3-5 are for all the beading, etc and since my dress did not have any beading, it jumps through those stages. My dress is not a wedding dress but one for me to wear to my brothers wedding, so sort of bridesmaids style, I suppose!

My dress has just got through customs today, but estimated deliery to my home is Tues due to the bank holiday, booo. I am hoping some super-quick postage miracle will occur and it will be delivered tomorrow, but obviously that is not going to happen!!

Hopefully, that is some help anyway!
  • NaomeiNaomei Posts: 2,273
    Skip - I went for Juliet in the end! It's very exciting! I am really looking forward to it. If you are on FB I can show you the pics - and of the bridesmaid dresses - just message me!
    Hi WF: No, no beading on mine. It does have a bunch of "rosebud" type embellishments though. It's a replica of Mina's red bustle dress from Dracula. THANKS!!

Anne x
  • jeskiukjeskiuk Posts: 2,051
    Can I pick your brains a minute please WitchyAnne? I plan on ordering my dress from milly. Its by a designer but it isn't done in the gold colour that I want by the designer. So did you just send a web link, or an actual picture, or a photobucket link, or what? H2b is the computer whizz round here see but I don't want him seeing my dress and it is quite unusual.
    I saved a few photos, then I wrote them an email, attached the photos to my email, and sent it off.

They have been LOVELY so far!

Later on, i also sent them a few links to look at.

You could, i am sure, just send them an email with a link and ask if they can make that dress and I am sure they will oblige!

Anne x
    I did the same as you Anne, sent them a pic of my dress in an email - there is only one pic of my dress that I could find, so I had to explain how I wanted the back to look and a few other bits and pieces.

Jeski - if you are explaining how you would like something to look, use plain English that is easy to understand and try and ensure that everything you say could not be misunderstood. Their replies are short and to the point.
    WF: Have you seen any photos of your completed dress? Did your description do the trick?
    Hi Anne,

Yeah, they sent me a few pics of the dress and it looks like what I asked for. I asked for a hidden zip down the back and it looks like they have done that, although you can still see that must be where the zip is, iykwim... Maybe I should have asked for the zip to be up the side, but it's too late now.

It is a beautiful colour (burgundy taffetta) and when I receive it, I will put up a post in "Wedding Fashion" forum with pics of the pattern & real dress and how I got on - it may help others decide whether they want to go for it or not. It isn't a wedding dress so there is no beading, etc - I will wear it as a wedding guest (brothers wedding).

Initially the first pics they sent me of the pattern dress did not have the front I wanted - it is a wrap-over style front where one side wraps over and then under the bust of the opposite side. What they had made looked more like a v-neck t-shirt with a bit of ruching. I sent them some more instructions about how I wanted it to be and had to wait about another week until they remade the pattern dress - they got it right that time.

What dress did you order? A copy of something else or one you designed yourself? When you receive your one, you'll have to post pics, etc too! Won't be long until you get it if it is at stage5 now!!
    ...I really hope it fits me.......... Bit nervous about that!

Will keep you posted image
    Hi! I've ordered an edited copy of Mina's red bustle dress from Dracula. I like the "polognaise" or "apron" part up on both sides, not just one side, so changed that and also wanted a fuller skirt and mine too, is in dark red taffeta.

I have some "almost finished" photos - but they have to make the roses smaller....(too big!!) if you want to see! image
    Of course I would LOVE to see!! Either pu them on here on through my email button!!

At work just now, so can't post pics of mine yet - will do so soon - may as well wait until Tues, when it is estimated to arrive and then I can take some myself as well.

Looking forward to your pics image
    You have mail!! image
    Cool dress!!

Bet you can't wait until it arrives at your house!

Keep us updated with how it is going - hope mine arrives on Tuesday and not any later than that. I am getting impatient!
    Well good luck for Tuesday!