Fast and cheap ideas please!!!

We're having our engagemrnt party tomorrow night, and I ordered black and what I thought were red balloons, but they are purple....anyway, it's ok asI have a load of nice purple organza bags that I ordered from ebay when our wedding colour scheme was black and purple (it;s now black and red)...

So, I'd like to put something in them that doesn't cost much, maybe something creative (ish) - although I have 1 night to do it (and maybe some of tomorrow with help!!), maybe mini cupcakes or something?

What do you think creative ladies?!!

• SkipulaSkipula Posts: 1,763
    Sorry darkangel, my brain isn't very creative today - I think it's been rained on too much recently!

Mini cupcakes sound good if you have the time to do them. I'd cheat and get a load of different sweets - as I said, not very creative!
  • SkipulaSkipula Posts: 1,763
    PS How did your "surprise" party go? I bet it was great to see all your friends.
  • tt25777tt25777 Posts: 2,239
    How about little cookies?
  • EtherealBrideEtherealBride Posts: 1,418
    What about strawberries or cherries dipped in chocolate? (Would they melt?) Peppermint creams? We used to make really nice little sweets when we were kids by melting chocolate, mixing in crushed digestives and raisins and putting them in mini cake cases. Home made toffee, fudge or honeycomb? (Not sure how to do these but I'm sure you could get nice recipes on-line). You could get some marzipan and make it into some kind of relevant design. Good luck!
  • WitchyAnneWitchyAnne Posts: 849
    M&Ms or smarties?

Rice Crispie Treats?

Those candy hearts with words and such on them?

Oh or: have them all full of confetti with "prizes" in a few (such as a free drink token for the wedding, or £5 gift certificate for a bookshop or HMV or something)?

• jeskiukjeskiuk Posts: 2,051
    You could always buy some mini cup cakes from a supermarket and just decorate them yourself if you're short of time.
  • How about filling them with your fav sweets? x
  • futureMrsLeefutureMrsLee Posts: 1,872
    http://www.caketoppers.co.uk/index.asp?PageKind=ItemList&FilterBy=50495547

These deliver next day.

Take a peek.

Cripes I feel like Miss Popov ( please someone remember Rentaghost)

Popping off

Cheerio x
  • mcartoonmcartoon Posts: 1,383
    Ferraro Rocher?

xx
  • Mrs Lee i loved Rentaghost! Big fan of Timothy Claypole!

Darkangel - i would have to vote sweets, something yummy to munch on when home.

Enjoy your party!

• Darkangel79ukDarkangel79uk Posts: 1,042
    Thanks ladies!! I'm thinking I may cheat and ddo Ferrero Rocher...they require no wrapping or anything hehe...and I'll be able to walk round saying "the ambassador is really spoiling us" thing in the accent to people...hmm...

Only thing is, I'm actually feeling a bit poorly now, hope I'm not ill tomorrow image

Thanking you again ladies...

• hey hunny! Hoping you're feeling ok today - the thought of a party works wonders for me! The ferrero thing rocks as its actually really tasty but works well as a tongue in cheek giggle as you say! Love it! We toyed with having those ferrero rocher towers but there wasn't time in the end! lol!

Enjoy your party chick, and take pictures! You could get a good one to use as a guest book picture for folks to sign around at the wedding!

xx
  • jeskiukjeskiuk Posts: 2,051
    Hope you are feeling better for your party! Poor you. Maybe its just a sort of nervous dread following the planning, lol. That is me all over.