Forum home Archived Website suggestions

Wedding CDs

Hello,

I'm hoping all you lovely brides-to-be can help me.

My sister got married a couple of weeks ago and for her wedding pressent I asked the guests for their hints and tips for a successful marriage, comments on when they met the bride/ groom and funny stories about the pair of them.

I recorded all of the comments - some are hilarious, and I've now woven them together with some of their favourite music - including the music from their first dance, onto a CD.

I'm a journalist so I know what questions to ask to get people to talk and I've got all my own recording equipment.

Being on CD means you can play it in the car, while having friends over for dinner - or my Mum does the ironing to it. I know lots of people record their weddings on video camera, but to honest how often are you able to watch it? And do you really want to hear every verse of every hymn? With a CD it's about 20 minutes long, with about 60 guests on and it contains lots of little nuggets of best wishes. It would retail at around £200 - it takes about 12 hours to put together.

My question is this - everyone who hears the CD loves it, wants it and wants to book me for their wedding. Is this something you'd think about doing?

• TeresaJHTeresaJH Posts: 560
    I think it is a good idea as I think guests will feel more at ease not having to pose in front of a camera and they can forget that there's a microphone.
  • Wow! I think its a fantastic idea, really personal, and in a modern way. Get yourself a website and start visiting wedding Fayres!