Forum home Archived Website suggestions

Web Ed - please can you clarify??

Ok, I just need clarification of something.In one section there is a topic for photographers under £500.Very useful and I have recommended a couple of them to friends on a tight budget.Only thing is I am wondering why they are allowed to advertise so blatantly.I only ask because I only said what my mum did as a job and the whole topic was removed.I`ve been told I can`t recommend her as it`s either soliciting for business or advertising which is fair enough. Also I know now I can`t put her contact details on here even if some has asked for them - but these people are doing all that and nothing is happening to their posts.So Just wanted to know if I start a topic " wedding *********" (see not saying it lol ) for under £500 would that be allowed ?Please explain if not.

• lozzyuk1lozzyuk1 Posts: 1,910
    Posted again bec stupid ad covers forst bit !!!!!

Ok, I just need clarification of something.In one section there is a topic for photographers under £500.Very useful and I have recommended a couple of them to friends on a tight budget.Only thing is I am wondering why they are allowed to advertise so blatantly.I only ask because I only said what my mum did as a job and the whole topic was removed.I`ve been told I can`t recommend her as it`s either soliciting for business or advertising which is fair enough. Also I know now I can`t put her contact details on here even if some has asked for them - but these people are doing all that and nothing is happening to their posts.So Just wanted to know if I start a topic " wedding *********" (see not saying it lol ) for under £500 would that be allowed ?Please explain if not.

• i think the reason it was allowed was because the person posting is a photographer and is doing the opposite of promoting herself by suggesting other photographers under a certain budget, at the time there was a lot of posts asking for budget photographers so at the time of posting it was in context and like i first said the OP wasnt promoting her own business in any way, hope this makes more sense now
  • lozzyuk1lozzyuk1 Posts: 1,910
    oh right - so it`s ok to put your friend or families business on a topic someone else starts about that service but not to start the topic - ok- understand now thanxx xx

[Modified by: lozzy on August 17, 2008 08:36 AM]