Forum home Archived Website suggestions

venues in n.ireland

anyone no of any were really good to have reception in n.ireland?:\)

• what county
  • Lots of them. Belfast Castle always impresses guests with the views. I've heard good reports on Galgorm too and I'm having Malone House which is good for small wedding.
  • MrsSB09MrsSB09 Posts: 816
    I was thinking of having my wedding in the culloden, its nice and has gorg grounds. But as i live in England now having it in the lake district instead.
  • Probably get chuck out for saying this but pick up a copy of Ulster Bride or getting married in Northern Ireland magazines - loads of venue ideas in them and some good special offers for weekdays/winter etc.
  • Hi Catoni,

i have been to weddings in both the Radisson Roe Park and Dunadry country Club, both were lovely venues!!

• PikelettePikelette Posts: 1,096
    The Manor House Hotel in Killadeas, Co. Fermanagh (just up the road from my mum as it happens!) is just lovely.
  • i am getting married in a hotel in ballymena next year some of the place were looking fee for the service room which i dont mind paying but when they started to ask a fee for the receiption room and then the room for the evening we thought it was a bit much one place was looking 1250.00 for all 3 rooms

we fpund out a lot of the places you are paying for name cause the menu is near enough all the same we just thought why pay so much room hire and the name and the saving we were able to save went into the receiption we saved over 2000 so shop around is my advise
  • jules-xjules-x Posts: 458
    we are having our reception in The Old Inn, Crawfordsburn and its like an old county pub...love it. Small and intimate x
  • try the Manor House Enniskillen was at a wedding there and it was brill!!! Also Castle Erne down there!!! What about a Marquee?? New Forge House in Magheralin!!