Choosing a viel?

My dress won't arrive until August and my wedding is 3rd October 2008. I really need to think about buying a viel very soon. Trouble is as my dress isn't here yet, I don't really know what type I want. Tried on a few when I tried the dress on for ideas and prefered a plain one. But length I have no idea??? I don't think I can justify a cathedral length one as I am having a civil ceremony. There are so many out there where do I start??

• Sheena217Sheena217 Posts: 159
    Ask the wedding dress shop for advice. My guys were a great help and picked out the ideal veil. I am having a church wedding but my dress has lace on it so I have gone for a shorter veil and it matches the dress perfectly.

Some designers even design a veil to match their dresses, so ask about that.

• Laura_BukLaura_Buk Posts: 458
    I bought my dress online in the end, so think me going back to the shop I tried on the dress would be a bit cheeky.

Here is my dress: (daifa by Pronovias)

http://www.theweddingshop.co.uk/pronovias.html

this might give you a bit more of an idea.
  • Sheena217Sheena217 Posts: 159
    Do you definitely want a veil? You could try going into a different shop that stocks the dress and pretend that you haven't ordered your dress and ask to try it on, then ask them to recommend a veil.
  • lawveelawvee Posts: 1,378
    I would wait until your dress comes before you try and buy one. Or then just go into a bridal shop that sells veils and ask for their opinion. At the end of the day I'm sure they'll be happy to help as they'll still get money out of the veil
  • Laura_BukLaura_Buk Posts: 458
    Quoted:
    Do you definitely want a veil? You could try going into a different shop that stocks the dress and pretend that you haven't ordered your dress and ask to try it on, then ask them to recommend a veil.

Yes I think so, wasn't that keen on them at first, but then tried a few on and my bridesmaid and future mil loved them, so I came around to the idea. Plus my h2b once said he thought a viel adds to the mystery lol! Never forget that, so I guess he'll expect me to wear one. Although they'll be no mystery. image