Funky necklaces anyone??!!

Hi everyone.

I am on the hunt for some more contemporary jewellry for my wedding day. My dress is strapless organza and quite plain, but I am just not a "pearls" girl really. Was in Topshop yesterday (my favourite haunt!) and they had so many gorgeous necklaces-like charms and crystal droplets and pendants with seahorses and hearts and cupids and things...but they were just too cheap looking!

I want a charms style necklace or a statement pendant but preferably real crystal rather then plastic and the kind of metal that will make my neck go green!!!

Am a bit stuck on this and any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thankyou!!

• Mrs_AmandaMrs_Amanda Posts: 3,284
    have you looked at butler & wilson, they often have some unusual stuff
  • Hi AmandaCS,

Thanks for that the reply. I went into their shop when I was last in London and yes! The stuff is gorgeous but their website is quite limited. Maybe another trip to London could be on the cards..!
  • CeleryukCeleryuk Posts: 3,640
    you could try Laura Lee in London, she has a shop in Covent Garden and she does really nice stuff, a bit expensive though. Not sure if she has a website.

The shop is on Upper St Martins Lane.

Good luck!
    sorry shop is on MOnmouth Road!
  • Thanks Celery. Just looked and the shopdoesn't sell online. It does look perfect though.

Looks like London it is!
    I am ordering my wedding band from that shop.

They are very nice.
  • Ernest Jones have some nice jewellery

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/

• Thanks rachel-will have a look when I get a chance!
  • also try pilgrim jewellery image

http://www.pilgrim.dk/Womens/en-GB/Home

my friend got some gorgous jewellery for her bridesmaids here, hope its the find of thing you like

vee xxx

[Modified by: vee on December 21, 2006 06:20 PM]
  • sorry for some reason that link doesn't seem to work and my message isn't spaced out like it was when I previewed it.

Is that my computer's fault or is it you spooky????

lol, vee xxx
  • No vee, they are all like that at the mo, nothing seems to be working right......
  • Thanks Vee! They're gorgeous but haven't spotted "the one" yet!!

Gawd-I am hard to please...
  • lozzyuk1lozzyuk1 Posts: 1,910
    my necklace is designed by otazu - he used to be a calvin klein model.it was a bracelet which i thought was perfect and had a few links added to make it a necklace.it is similar to the one on the necklaces page on the third web site - the black and silver crystal but mine is just crystals

www.treasurebox.co.uk/bridal_jewellery/necklaces_pendants.htm

www.farfallina.net/page/F/CTGY/OTAZU-JEWELRY

www.ritzzy.co.uk/otazu_classic_necklaces.html

xx

[Modified by: lozzy on December 21, 2006 09:34 PM]

[Modified by: lozzy on December 21, 2006 09:35 PM]
  • you could try bijoux-heart.co.uk, they're not cheap but do lovely things x
  • Thankyou everyone!

Not had chance to look at yours yet lozzy but OMG annemarie. Bijoux Heart stuff is stunning!!

Am in love with this on

http://www.bijoux-heart.com/necklaces/camelia.htm#

but not sure about having a choker as opposed to a necklace. But my dress has silver swarzovski (sp!!!) on so this would be really perfect.
  • kaiuk1kaiuk1 Posts: 149
    Iv bought a stunning butler and wilson necklace from ebay for £125 the original price was £268- they have fab funky jewellry. also try Pilgrim - they have alot of blind and charm type unusal stuff. have a look on www.treasurebox.co.uk

xxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi everyone-I seem to be spending an inordinate amount of Christmas jobs time looking at gorgeous necklaces!!

Have found about ten that I love.

That treasurebox site is an absolute gem.

Thankyou so much! xxx
  • perhaps some on the links on this page may be of help to you http://www.uptight-clothing.co.uk/Tiara/TiaraFrameSet.htm
  • spookybrewster... i love 'camelia' too its just gorgeous.. i havent brought my dress yet so i'll have to wait until then before i decide x
  • hi there

have you tried a web based site called

www.timelessjewelleryshop.co.uk they have a nice pearl set in there and tiaas

good luck on your search

cheryl

p,s hope you have a good new year!!image
  • Thanks for all your fantastic suggestions everyone. I have sort of fallen in love with this-it would really go with my dress...but its not very bridal is it?

I'm just a bit nervous of being "too" contemporary.

Honest honest opinions would be HUGELY appreciated??

Thanks xx

http://www.treasurebox.co.uk/perlas_de_mallorca/large_pearl_and_crystal_necklace.htm
  • donnasukdonnasuk Posts: 658
    spooky

the necklace is very cool

if you like it wear it!

i would say it was 'contemporary bridal'

donna

• Thanks Donna! ust don't want to look back on the photos in 20 years and think WTF was I thinking!!

Still-its only a necklace I guess. The dress is beautiful!
  • donnasukdonnasuk Posts: 658
    of course anything that one wears in 2007 will look 'funny' in 2027.

i was looking at some pictures of when i was bridesmaid in 1992, my goodness i look hideous and the dress didn't fit (those were the days when things were too big for me!!).

i think what is more important is that you feel wonderful on the day, wearing something you love - your happiness will shine through whatever you are wearing.

donna

• I love this necklace! Think it is very classy but at the same time modern and funky. I reckon it's really important to have some feature/s that are just 'you' in your look for the day - after all your h2b fell in love with you and how u look all the time and wearing a wedding dress it pretty out of the ordinary. Is nice to have some touches that reflect your personality. I think it's great and just hope I can find something that does this to go with my dress. Good find Spooky image

El x
  • What lovely comments! Thanks Donna. Elcelcius-you have really cheered me up! Thankyou. Wow, there are some lovely people on this site.

Thats why we're getting married I guess!! XXX
  • that necklace is great, really lovely and because of looking at your necklace I've found some I really love too, so thanks for that !!