Dress without a train...your thoughts please...

Hi

I have seen a dress that I absolutely love....except...it doesn't have a train. This may sound silly, but I just always thought I'd have a dress with a train (not a huge one, just a small train) Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of it on the internet to post, but essentially it is heavy silk, very classic shape, strapless (which I honestly thought was the one style I would not go for!) and has beautiful understated beading on the front at the top. The back has a few folds of material and is quite detailed, but no train! As soon as I put it on I loved the front of it, and my Mum thought it was gorgeous too. I guess what I want to know is does anyone else have a dress without a train (as I can't seem to see any others that don't!) :\?

• MrsW00dyMrsW00dy Posts: 586
    I didn't want a train - I thought it would affect boogying possibilities, but I've ended up with a very small one. I don't think it matters either way, everyone should have something that suits them!

xxx
  • CathyJ2BCathyJ2B Posts: 87
    Quoted:
    I didn't want a train - I thought it would affect boogying possibilities, but I've ended up with a very small one. I don't think it matters either way, everyone should have something that suits them!

xxx

Thanks MrsWoody; totally agree with the boogying comment! When I read my message back I actually thought I sounded a bit daft - if the dress suits me and I love it then I shouldn't worry about it! Thanks again...image
  • milkmaidukmilkmaiduk Posts: 407
    hi catstar

i know what you mean about a train. i thought i wanted one ntil i tried my dress on it does have a detachable train which wil be great for the ceremony but i will take it off when it comes to dancing, then i got the best of both worlds..........

xx

• orchid28ukorchid28uk Posts: 401
    I'm having my dress made. I'm having a train because it makes the style of my dress more 'wedding' if you get what I mean? If it looked more 'wedding' without one then I wouldn't have a train!

For the evening, I can hook it up at the back into a bustle for boogying!

I say if you love your dress as it is and feel great in it, then you don't need a train!
  • clarekellclarekell Posts: 6,666
    Mine just touches the floor at the back - no train!

If you love the dress stop worryin - there is no rule to say you HAVE to have a train! x x x x
  • lissylouuk1lissylouuk1 Posts: 815
    Mine doesn't have a train. for my day I thought having a train would be too much, but you go for what you like, you'll know whether its right by how you feel once its on.

Trust your instincts catstar x
    Thanks so much everyone; all really helpful comments xx
  • tt25777tt25777 Posts: 2,239
    If you love the dress I don't think it matters that it doesn't have a train.

Are you having a veil? Perhaps you could get a cathedral length that trails behind the dress on the floor, so it has the look of a train x
    Thanks tt25777; actually the woman in the shop I went to suggested the same thing about a veil - I think I will try on some more dresses just to be sure, but I can't stop thinking about the one I tried on so I think that's a good sign!!