has anyone heard any problems regarding berketex

i was told by a dress shop rep that berketex have shutdown their stores any news would be appreciated from anyone .

• cheryl654cheryl654 Posts: 366
    Have you tried contacting their Head Office direct?
  • I've spoken to head office and they were very helpful, assuring me that it's business as usual. If you have any concerns phone head office.

• antonia5ukantonia5uk Posts: 130
    oh my god my heart missed a beat then honeycubs! i havent heard anything im having my dress from there must ring 2morrow???
  • bride1bride1 Posts: 1,664
    just tried to phone them (liverpool store) but no answer hopefully thats just because its bank holiday gonna have to try again tomorrow. worried!!! if anyone hears anything keep us posted x
  • helenwileshelenwiles Posts: 215
    i have ordered bridesmaids dresses from there and have just recently recieved colour swatches so i wouldnt worry too much.

also kel2 they probably arent open due to a bank holiday and i know the berketex where i have ordered the dresses from dont open on one day through the week.
    hi, been to the liverpool store today and everything is fine, although its closed for the day! open again tomorrow and business as usual. wedding in 71 days so was rather worried. PANIC OVER!!!! x
  • isabellaukisabellauk Posts: 1
    Hi,

i contacted the headoffice & its complete rubbish, apparently they think its nothing more than the 'local bridal competitors' spreading untrue rumours!

suggest you ring the store again if you're worried, but i don't think theres anythng to worry about as they must be the biggest bridal store in the UK.

hi ive rang my local store today she said its a very small business competitor who told a mag that they had gone into liquidation but now he as written a retraction and berketex have got there solicitors onto it? if that helps!so no, they are open and she reasurred me they will b for a long while yet?
    spoke to my store yesterday and told no probs they have had this before. ive got a fitting this month, can't wait!!!
  • BeXukBeXuk Posts: 96
    I went into a berketex store today to look for shoes, and they told me they are shutting down. All their dresses and shoes where all reduced, but you wouldn't be able to take anything back if you decided you didn't want them. I asked if it was all the stores, but she didnt know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
    any chance of knowing where your local store is becky?
  • webeditor01webeditor01 Posts: 1,514
    Good News, girls!

We've just checked with the Berkertex press office and nothing's closing, it's business as usual.