Platinum wedding rings

Hi Guys!

I'm looking for some help, I have a vague image of the kind of wedding ring I'd like but can't find the same one anywhere! Basically, I'd like a platinum ring like my engagement ring. As my engagement ring is a distinctive shape, I'd like a wedding ring that has a v kind of shape in the front of it, so that it sits quite well under the diamond in my engagement ring. Can anyone tell me if they've seen this kind of style anywhere on line? Sorry it's a bit of a bad description!

Carly xx

• lynnmckaylynnmckay Posts: 252
    Alot of jewellers will actually make a ring to fit your engagement ring - try any local independant jewellers in your area. If you are close to Aberdeen both John Park and Sandie Menzies provide this service. Good luck.
  • CarlycukCarlycuk Posts: 1,877
    Hi Honeybee,

I'm in Plymouth, so probably couldn't get much further away if I tried. Thanks for the help though, I'll certainly give it a go!

Carly xx
  • blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,070
    Hi Carly, We had ours designed by a jeweller who is local to us I think. Try a few of the more contemporary jewellers around your area. Good luck x
  • helenwileshelenwiles Posts: 215
    we went to the jewellery quarter in birmingham.

not sure where you live but there are loads and loads of jewellers in one street.

i had mine specially made there but h2b saw one he liked and both are platinum xx
    Thanks for your help guys!

Carly xxx
  • sammiuksammiuk Posts: 95
    Hi,

the stone on my engagement ring was rectangular so i needed a similar shape. I went for a band with a 'twist' in the centre - if you imagine taking a flat piece of metal and twisting it! The stone then sits perfectly in the 'twist'. I had mine for Green and Benz in Manchester.

Good luck!
  • Ali88ukAli88uk Posts: 58
    Try www.dotjewellery.com - they have a good range of platinum rings, and I'm sure I saw some in the sahpe you'ra after. Plus they're a heck of a lot cheaper than highstreet stores!
  • -Samiana--Samiana- Posts: 69
    Try Beaverbrooks, they had a good selection although a little pricey. The independent stores are cheaper and we found a good one in Brighton. We ended up getting ours in Tiffany & Co in America (you wouldn't believe how chuffed I am!). The exchange rate meant it was just as cheap as having them made here.
  • clarer81clarer81 Posts: 134
    I think there's a place in Edinburgh where you can actually design and make your own rings (with expert supervision of course) which i think makes them even more special. unfortunately i only heard about this after i'd already chosen mine.

A bit far away for you, but you could make a weekend of it, and get a much needed break!

xx

Thank you, both those websites are really useful!

Carly xx
  • susiequksusiequk Posts: 229
    hi, i'm getting mine from sheila fleet. the guy is changin it to match whoat i'd like so it's going to be platinum and 24carrat gold.

he is really accomodating and helps you alot.

have a look.

i have some pictures of ones i looked at but son't know how to put them on. so email me and i can forward them to you.

http://www.sheila-fleet.co.uk

he can change things so don't just look at it and say that's not want I want. my fiance is having one of the enamal rings as a wedding ring but having it in platinum and where the enalmal is is going to be in gold. so see the style then contact them about changin it.

he is so helpfull!

good luck

s-x-