Has anyone used foam flowers intead of silk?

I have just seen a foam bouquet on ebay and thought it was quite nice, made a change to silk.

Im not sure what to do though, has anyone else had these at there wedding?

I have ordered a single flower from the lady selling them so that I can get a good look at them.

Also if you are going with silk/foam how far in advance would you order them?

Many thanks x

• HulkkoHulkko Posts: 1,269
    do you have a picture?! I've never seen a foam boquet before! But I think it'll look nice image
  • miss-mukmiss-muk Posts: 239
    I've never seen one up close, but there is a thread on here somewhere where the bride had foam flowers as she thought they looked more realistic than silk. Are they expensive?
  • FeeFee232FeeFee232 Posts: 1,159
    HI

I am having foam and silk bouquets I ordered mine in March ready for my wedding next week. I have stored them in a box in a cool room (no radiators on) and they still look brand new.

They look stunning and everyone who has seen them has marvelled at them. I got all my bouquets from ebay too.

Best of luck.

Fee

This is mine from ebay.

Best of luck

Feex
    Thats who I used and she is fantastic. Small World!!!

Tell her thank you so very very much.

Feex
    I even got my cake topper from her to match everything I wanted.

Best wishes.

Feex
  • i am having foam, ordered my samples last week and they are BRILLIANT. from www.sarahsflowers.com

good prices too, and she will do anything that you want, if you cant find it on the site you can send her custom orders and then there is a dedicated section on there where she will list them all for you. they are amazing and i cant tell you enough how real they look, i would post pics but dont have a clue, but her website doesnt do them justice, they are gorgeous in real life! xx
  • beasukbeasuk Posts: 932
    I've got foam, they were such a good price and i'm really pleased with them. I'll post a pic if i can

• beasukbeasuk Posts: 932
    This is the quick pic i took when i got them..

I was really pleased. They made it in the colour i wanted and took the foliage off of the buttonholes for me. I got them from Wedding Daze on Ebay.

Only 23 days until i carry it! image

• biliboibiliboi Posts: 1,378
    I second wedding daze!
    This is going to sound like a really daft question, but what exactly does 'foam' mean? Are they really the same as the toys you play with in a swimming pool? The flowers look fantastic, but what do they feel like?

I think Im going to go with fake as I love the idea of being able to keep my bouquet. Is foam better than silk? Does it rot? Do you need to treat it?

Sorry if these are silly questions but I've never seen a foam flower before!

xx

• miss-m

I got a sample of a foam rose from ebay and it is brilliant so much better than the silk ones and they last not like the real ones. If I was you I would get in touch with someone that is selling them on ebay and ask if you could have a single flower as a sample im sure they will be more than happy to send you one x
  • mrsloopyloumrsloopylou Posts: 1,246

Here's a pic of a silk B/Hole
    I ordered a couple of samples from sarahs flowers, so after reading this I went and had another look at them. Guess what- they're nearly all foam! I never realised that. They feel nicer too. Next question for you clever people is: Im getting married abroad. How can I transport them? Would they be ok in the suitcase, as Im already taking my dress as hand luggage.

Any ideas?

xx
  • bump

i would love some to take abroad

cinammon - could you please get your mum to email me some quotes

thanks

• Foam flowers are becoming more and more popular but i have also found some Pearl button holes and Crystal button holes which are ideal if you are not a flower person. www.etsy.co.uk bloomin flowerz

Could be worth a look image

• Foam flowers hold their shape better than silk or real flowers so I would recommend personally. You might want to check www.bloomroomflowers.com

• I got foam flowers for my wedding from http://foambridalflowers.co.uk/ and they were fantastic! Would recommend them to anybody in the UK (not sure if they ship internationally)

Was debating whether to have foam or artificial silk and very glad I went for foam as they were almost half the price!

image         image