Maggie Sottero sizings

Hi all,

I ordered my dress on Saturday, and it's a Maggie! Only thing i was slightly concerned about is that they said they would order me a size 6, which i assumed a 6US size, but looking at my invoice, it says on there UK6 - could this be right? My measurements are B- 33.5, W - 26, H - 35.5. If anyone could help or share what size they have been ordered that'd be great!!

Hope everyone's planning is going well xx

• melwingmelwing Posts: 2,666
    Maggie sizes do come bigger so I think this iscorrect as I tried on a size 8 and the lady in the shop said I needed a size 6 and my measurements are B- 33, W- 25, H-35.5 so similiar to yourself image
  • Don't worry, Maggie sizes are definatey bigger.

I am normally a UK size 10-12. My Maggie dress is a UK 10 but i had to have it taken in quite a bit and could prob have got away with an 8.

I LOVE Maggie Dresses!!!!!!!!!
    I found this on a past thread. It looks like this might be the american sizes.

http://www.enchantedeveningshop.com/bridal_gowns/pdfs/MaggieSotteroSizeChart.pdf

I found this on a past thread. It looks like this might be the american sizes.

http://www.enchantedeveningshop.com/bridal_gowns/pdfs/MaggieSotteroSizeChart.pdf

Double post!

[Modified by: meldolly on March 30, 2009 09:17 PM]

So it looks like I'm a size US 4 and a UK size 6 like you. So don't worry. The wedding dress sizes are so weird but then I guess its no different from the high street where shops like Jane Norman there sizes come really small and marks and spencers come really big.

I tried on a Caroline Castigliano dress and I was a UK size 10 and Maggie Sottero I'm a size 6. I'd rather be a size 6 though lol

Better for the good olde ego hehe

[Modified by: meldolly on March 30, 2009 09:17 PM]

• asotiriouasotiriou Posts: 38
    Hiya all, thanks for your replies, i was really starting to panic!! my mum keeps reminding me that they know what they are doing in the shop, but i normally wear a 10 on the bottom and 8 on the top so when she said 6 i assumed she meant US size! Was worred esp as my dress style is quite tight anyway - i'm not going to be able to breath!! Which maggie are you all having? Mine's brightyn

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3266

xx
  • Hi bride2b2510,

I love your dress. Can you tell me if you can pull the train up for dancing?
    oo thanks marquise missy, the ladies at the dress shop said that when it get's altered they will look at the best way of sorting out the train so that i can dance! I love the back! exciting!
  • Hi bride2b2510,

I've ordered a MS dress too, I'm a size 10 but the dress has been ordered in a size 6 too. Don't worry, it will be perfect image
    Thanks MrsJacobs2be, glad to hear of a fellow size 10 with a size 6 dress! Maybe it's just to flatter us?! Thanks very much girlies! xx
  • Dana21ukDana21uk Posts: 41
    i'm normally an 8 and my Maggie dress was ordered in a 4!! i thought i misheard when the lady first told me hehe! She did also say to me that although our normal clothes are a bigger size, thats because we also hardly ever tend to wear anything that would need pulling in as much as wedding dress! i guess it makes sense image
  • Nevesta,

Hi, can I ask where are you from???
  • Dana21ukDana21uk Posts: 41
    i'm in London :\) why do you ask?:\)

[Modified by: Nevesta on March 30, 2009 11:06 PM]

• AinaukAinauk Posts: 8
    Hi bride2b2510

Can i ask you where you have orderd your Maggie Dress from?? Im am going to order my dress online this week but is a bit sceptic to order online....

Aina

• CarrieM2BCarrieM2B Posts: 78
    Hi ladies

I also have a Maggie dress. I ordered mine from a website in the US and mine is a size 6. You are right, they are US sizes - you add on 4 to get to your correct UK size, therefore I am a UK size 10.

There was a discussion about whether I should order an 8 or 10 (UK size). I went for the 10 in the end which fits perfectly apart from the bust which is huge! I also ordered a Petite Length, and glad that I did!

I used thebridalshop.com and had no problems at all
  • CharliesWifeCharliesWife Posts: 2,666
    Mine was ordered in a 12 and I am a 12??? I think it said UK 12 on the invoice??? I am off to try my dress next month, I havent seen it since it come in. I have been very patient, so I will have a looksie xx
  • SianP1981SianP1981 Posts: 172
    Mine is a 10 and I am a 10 and it's a perfect fit. Don't forget we are all different shapes though and I'm sure the shop know what they're doing! My dress is Brea in ivory and gold. I have a similar train to yours and the seamstress is putting a hook thingy for later on. Don't panic!! xx

[Modified by: NearlyMrsP on March 31, 2009 06:57 PM]

• seffielseffiel Posts: 1,729
    Hello don't worry! I'm exactly the same except I'm 33.5 -25.5-35.5... and a size 6. my dress is corseted and lace up at the back, so i assume they have a bit of room. I'm a size 8-10 normally. x