Please shop around for your dress

I just had to tell you about this.

I'm getting married in april next year and last week went shopping with my mum for a dress. The first one I tried on was my favourite - a Maggie Soterro from the new collection. It was priced at £899 which I know isn't unusual for her but was a little more than I wanted to spend (as my mum is paying).

We looked in a few more shops in Cumbria and the North East, but nothing compared, so my Mum phoned a few places to see if we could find the same one cheaper..... wait for it.... 20 miles away, we found the same dress for £700.... and 30 miles away from that, we found it for £500!!!!! I could not believe it. We visited this shop and I must admit was wary (how could it be that much cheaper??) The owner of the shop explained that £500 was the recommended retail price from Maggie Soterro and she was still making a profit on that! It is up to individual shops what they mark it up to. I couldn't believe it as we had nearly ordered it from the first shop.

So 50 miles isn't bad to save £400.

I didn't know if it was ok to name names on here?

Happy shopping everyone.

Claire

• leighghleighgh Posts: 97
    Thanks for the advice Claire .............. will deffo bear that in mind ....can't believe you saved so much money ..... certainly worth the effort, your mum must have been chuffed too !!! well done xx
  • serenajoyceserenajoyce Posts: 854
    What about your dress fittings Claire - will you have to travel 50 miles each time to the shop? xx