Maggie Sottero Toni, Caprice & Stella Dresses

HI Everyone! Does anyone know where I might find any of these dresses in stock to try on? I asked my local Maggie stockist and they just said, how we have lots of other dresses you can try! In other words we don't have that one, but try and find something that we have in stock already, but if I'm spending that kind of money on a dress I want to try on the ones that I've fallen in love with!

• ShivyukShivyuk Posts: 687
    Quoted:
    HI Everyone! Does anyone know where I might find any of these dresses in stock to try on? I asked my local Maggie stockist and they just said, how we have lots of other dresses you can try! In other words we don't have that one, but try and find something that we have in stock already, but if I'm spending that kind of money on a dress I want to try on the ones that I've fallen in love with!

Hi there

I had the same problem. I have ordered Stella but I had to order it in to try it on. I live in the South West and have family in London so emailed all the shops in those regions and none of them had a sample of Stella.

If you do end up ordering them in just be careful of the charges as they seem to be at the discretion of the shop. I ordered 2 dresses to try on and 1 shop said it would cost me £100 and I would be given £50 discount on the dress if I bought it. The shop I have ordered from charged me £75 for both dresses and gave me a £75 discount on the dress I bought (Stella, all ivory).

I know what you mean about wanting to try on the dresses you have fallen in love with and this is why I had to bite the bullet to try them on but I don't regret it one bit :\)
  • loupow83loupow83 Posts: 398
    Hi Lexie22

Have you e-mailed Maggie Sottero direct, they will be able to tell you which bridal stores stock the dresses you want to find. They usually respond pretty quickly.

[email protected]

Good luck

xxx
  • Thank you both for your replies1

xxx
  • JenDundasJenDundas Posts: 23
    Hi!

I don't know if you are still looking but I tried the caprice on at Morgan Davis in Hitchin! It is a lovely dress and VERY resonably priced. I don't know where you are from in the UK so that might be quite a way from you. I am from Derby but my H2b's family live near Hitchin. Brides and Gowns in Derby have the Caprice in to and I am trying it on this week to show my mum!

Can I just stress how lovely Morgan Davis are. They have a reputation on these forums for being pricey but they have a lovely range of dresses in all price ranges!

Brides and Gowns is a new store in Derby (previously in Long Eaton) . I will let you know how I get on with the appointment on thursday!

xx
  • thank you

can't find ANYWHERE with caprice in stock! might make the drive to derby (from liverpool) for that!
  • TheWifeTheWife Posts: 188
    Also, just a little bit of advice. If you do find a stockist who has it in, it's always worth asking what size their sample is. I tracked down a stockist for a dress that I thought I loved and they failed to tell me that their sample was a size 20. I'm an 8/10. They pinned me into it but I really couldn't get a realistic idea of what it was like. It was such a terrible experience for the dress I expected to be the one.

I really hope you find your dress, good luck!
  • i know - ive had the same problem. all the sample sizes seem to be a 14 and im an 10 ish so its been really hard knowing what they should look like!

i will ask though - thank you!
  • Not sure if you've found you Caprice yet but I came accross a lady on ebay who can source MS dresses and she sells them at a very reasonable price from her home! I tried on Caprice yesterday and loved it but it was too small but she did have another on the way! To our surprrise the dress came and it is the next size up so I am off to try that tomorrow! So excited image She sells under the_bridal_barn on ebay... not many dresses listed at the moment but think she is in the process of listing a new batch. HTH xx