Is anyone else having Sage Green!?

HELP! I was originally going to have a pink colourscheme, now I've opted for sage green, but can't decide what flowers to have - whether to add colour or to keep it neutral. Just concerned that if i stay neutral it's going to look very washed out!? If anyone else has got any ideas or is in the same boat, please let me know!

Thank you ladies!

BB x

• Deep red goes well with sage green. I once lived in a house with sage green walls in the dining room and red flowers always looked fab against the green.
  • RhianukRhianuk Posts: 659
    I am having ovory and sage green! Don't we have fabulous taste dahling!! I am having simple ivory in my bouquet - roses, freesia, double headed lisianthus and a couple of springs of bouvardia. I am hoping that the green in the freesia buds and in the leaves will stop it looking washed out. I am also having it hand-tied with ivory ribbon, but have you thought of having yours tied with sage green ribbon?
  • Claire07ukClaire07uk Posts: 3,482
    Hi, I'm having emerald green, I think green is a great colour for bridesmaids because you can have whatever colour flowers and other stuff you want. I like lots of bright colour so didn't want to go down the ivory route, even though it looks lovely, it's just not me. My bouquet will be made up of lots of different colours & types of flowers. There will be a couple of cerise pink gerberas in my bouquet and my bridesmaids will carry a bouquet of just a few of these too.

Go with what you feel Rebecca - if you like colour then maybe add some colour but if you like a more neutral look then the ivory will be lovely.

Claire xxx
  • HellytHellyt Posts: 652
    Hi,

Why not have a look at www.marthastewart.com or www.theknot.com as they both have some really beautiful bouquets on there which might help you decide what to go for.

Hope this helps

• anghgmanghgm Posts: 211
    I'm having sage green but sticking to ivory and green flowers. I saw a picture with dusky pink flowers which looked lovely though.

Good luck.

xx

PS - I'm going to google "bouvardia" now because I've never heard of it Rhian2!!
  • I'm having Green bridesmaids... don't know what shade of green you'd call it really. I'm planning to have sweet pea type flowers (those kind of colours anyway) and I'll have all colours and the bridesmaids just have white.

My biggest issue with green bridesmaids is findings green ties for the fellas. Anyone else found any?
  • RhianukRhianuk Posts: 659
    Proverbs31 - I posted a few months ago, as I was looking for mens ties in green too. I've taken a look through the thread again, and the following stockists had mens ties in green:

TM Lewin

Hawes and Curtis

Dunhill

Marc Wallace

Dessy

Good luck!
  • Tubbsuk3Tubbsuk3 Posts: 764
    Hi

Love hearing what everyone else is doing! My bridesmaids are in bottle green. My theme is ivory, green with a hint of silver. My h2b is having an ivory waitcoat and ?rouse (can't remember what its called, like a cravate) and the ushers and page boys are in ivory but with green cravates (I was lucky the suit shop have cravates that match perfectly).The dads (there are 3 as I want my dad and step dad at the top table and they are doing a joint speech!)are having pasley (waistcoats which includes green and silver) waistcoats with green cravates.

I'm having ivory calla lillies and an hoping the beargrass and asper??? something leaf!! will give it a bit of colour. I can't remember what i'm having it tied with, but they are going to wrap a bit of pearl wire around as my dress has pearls on it. The bridesmaids are having smaller calla lilies with silver ties to match their sandals.

Thats made me feel quite excited now!! I've been trying to sort my hen night so i'd forgotten about all the lovely wedding stuff!!! Mmmm warm glow!image

• ljones136ljones136 Posts: 34
    I'm having sage green silk BM dresses from monsoon and going for pink flowers with greenery for bouquets and on the tables. If you got the last edition of yayw, in the real life wedding section there was a wedding in the Chelsea Physic Gardens and they had lovely pink and green centrepieces to give you an idea. Last week I managed to find a close match for ties in John Lewis. They're silk and cost £15 each. They are 2 tone so can sometimes look a bit bluey in a certain light but looked in so many places they're the closest I'm gonna get! Good luck!
  • I'm having a black and white theme with sage green as an accent colour - I've found that white Hydrangeas are a great flower for a sage green theme as often they have a really pretty soft green tinge to them. My bridesmaids are wearing black but with sage green sashes.
  • Ruche tie.....
  • Tubbsuk3Tubbsuk3 Posts: 764
    Thanks, has been bugging me!!!
  • bjoyceukbjoyceuk Posts: 78
    Hi

I'm having Sage Green for bridesmaids. Have gone for very pale pink roses, cala lilies, greenery and a touch of silver. We found sage green cravats at Moss Bros and you can also get them from www.formallyyours.co.uk

We have decided to go for slate coloured cravats with a silver waistcoat though as H2B didn't think the green suited him. We will tie in the colour by geting the bridesmaids slate/silver shoes....hopefully it will all pull together ok.

Let us all know what colours you go for

Bev x
  • kel191kel191 Posts: 433
    Hi,

I'm also having sage green for bridemaids. I've opted for mango calla lillies for my bouquet and the bridesmaids are having mango callas and hypericum berries.
  • nicfowlernicfowler Posts: 88
    Hi,

My theme is Green, Ivory and White. My bridesmaids are in Sage Green. Im going to have cala lillies, and loads of white roses, my cake is going to have bits of green on it too. I think this colour scheme looks so fresh and classy!!!

• Thank you so much everyone for all of your help and support - I really like the idea og having a sage green ribbon around my bouquet; think i'll kepp mine reasonably neutral and then add some colour into the bridesmaids - with pinks and burgundys - an antique style colourtheme. Will definitely let you all know what I finally decide upon!

Thanks again!

BB x image
  • bectoriabectoria Posts: 332
    im also going for sage green BM, with hot pink pale pink and cream roses.

mum givng me away tho, no idea what colour shes gonna wear....

xx
  • I am having green too but have yet to decide what shade. Where have you all got your BMs dresses from if you dont mind me asking?

thanks
  • Claire07ukClaire07uk Posts: 3,482
    Hi jessicam, I am having a sort of emerald green colour - I got my dresses in Coast they are a-line and gorgeous - both my bridesmaids look lovely in them.
    Quoted:
    I am having green too but have yet to decide what shade. Where have you all got your BMs dresses from if you dont mind me asking?

thanks

Hi Jessica,

I'm having Alfred Angelo gowns (www.alfredangelo.com). They are style 6837 in 'Celadon'.

Kel

x

[Modified by: kel191 on March 29, 2007 02:36 PM]
    Quoted:
    im also going for sage green BM, with hot pink pale pink and cream roses.

mum givng me away tho, no idea what colour shes gonna wear....

xx

Hi Bectoria,

My mum is also giving me away. She has just recently bought her outfit, its black and white. I wasn't too sure when she picked, I was thinking its not going to go at all, but its nice. My mum is having a handbag corsage so it would damage the material on her outfit.

Kel

• Hi again ladies!

jessicam33: my adult bridesmaids are having style 6221 by Alred Angelo in Celadon.

Bectoria: my mum is giving me away as well - she's going to be in a creamy beige, I can't remember who the designer is, but it's a full length skirt, top with cap sleeves and jacket. The top and jacket have got frills around the neck in voile - she looks fantastic and I know I'll be so proud to walk down the aisle with her!

BB x