HELP - tiara within 2 weeks

Right I need all hands on deck please ladies! I originally thought I didn't want a tiara but I have now spent a few evenings and most of today looking at them (mainly prompted by other posts in here!) and I think I do want one after all I want one with the detail to the side (asymetrical) but all the ones i seem to find that I like are individually made and will take more than the 2 weeks I have left!!!!! I have my hair practice on Tuesday so I ahve no hope of getting one in time for that. I have got a plain silk veil (will an asymetrical tiara look wrong with a veil then in the middle I thought not but couldn't decide??!!) and my dress is very simple plain satin but then I have got a lace coat that goes over it's not got lace detail all over just round the edges with flowers each with a pearl and diamanties in the middle - anyone find any nice tiaras that might match this that I could see and get within 2 weeks PLEASE HELP!! (Preferably not too expensive as I have already bougth about 3 differnet kinds of hair accessories and my mum is tearing her hair out with my indesicsion over this one thing and the price ofit!!!!!) THANKS xx

• blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,070
    I saw a site last night that made tiaras in 7 days in emergencies but I've deleted my history and can't remember what it was! Sorry image They are out there somewhere though so google like crazy! Are there any bridal shops near to you that have tiaras in stock to buy of the shelf ready made? x
  • craftycharlicraftycharli Posts: 3,175
    Yes there are the bridal shops but I am in current panic mode and none of them will be open until Monday now - ridiculous I know but I thought I might stay up most of the night searching the web (nothing new there then!)
  • emmadavies1emmadavies1 Posts: 128
    Have you tried ebay, i think some of the tiaras on there had delivery times of about a week i think
    Here are some that I like the look of just to give people an idea:

http://www.starstruck-designs.co.uk/Tiaras3.htm look at 'starburst' http://www.starstruck-designs.co.uk/Tiaras4.htm look at imagine, pazzaz, and duchess.

I love the starburst one!
  • emmadavies1emmadavies1 Posts: 128
    Just had a look at the website they're lovely, i like the large lily one, the starburst looks brilliant, really different
  • cheryl654cheryl654 Posts: 366
    Definately go to ebay and look for sellers in this country. I had bridesmaids ones made to my spec and delivered within a week.
    Had quick look around and most deliver in the uk between 7 and 10 days after you order so I think you'll be alright. Try www.the-jewel-factory.co.uk or www.sweetchestnutdesigns.com or www.snowballdesigns.com The last site has one very similar to the starburst design you like. Not sure if we're allowed to put up site addresses so hope I'm not in trouble now. Sorry if I have! xx
  • helenwileshelenwiles Posts: 215
    hi there, i got my tiara from www.tigerlilytiaras.co.uk and it has the detail to one side only where my parting is. im not sure if she will do it in the time you need it for but it is worth a try. think mine was about £70 so not sure if this is within your budget. good luck xx
  • Ebay, Ebay, Ebay, Ebay - ebay has saved me a fortune on wedding stuff and I've bought it all brand new. I got a tiara from a seller on ebay and it came within a couple of days. If you tell sellers you need it ASAP they'll send it usually.
    Well I got my tiara everyone - it arrived yesterday (exactly one week before the big day) and I love it! Here is the link if anyone wants a peek but in real life it sparkles more than this http://ww1.tiarastore.co.uk/html/pages/moredetail.asp?ProdID=661 I have already had my hair practice - having it pinned up but in loose curls so it is tubling down still and not all sleek but I now need to take my tiara to my hairdresser tomorrow so she can have a check if it will all still work!! THis time next week I will be MARRIED!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all your help and advice on this one vvvvv glad I went for one in the end!
  • LYNNIukLYNNIuk Posts: 1,046
    Quoted:
    Well I got my tiara everyone - it arrived yesterday (exactly one week before the big day) and I love it! Here is the link if anyone wants a peek but in real life it sparkles more than this http://ww1.tiarastore.co.uk/html/pages/moredetail.asp?ProdID=661 I have already had my hair practice - having it pinned up but in loose curls so it is tubling down still and not all sleek but I now need to take my tiara to my hairdresser tomorrow so she can have a check if it will all still work!! THis time next week I will be MARRIED!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all your help and advice on this one vvvvv glad I went for one in the end!

That is gorgeous!! I like the design, am after something similar... have a very sparkly, twinkly Maggie Sotterto dress and I cant decide what I want. Def no veil though
    It's lovely Charli! You're nearly a Mrs!!! How exciting is that! image xxxx
  • I would highly recommend Susan York (www.stores.ebay.co.uk/Susan-York-Tiaras). She used to work for a boutique and has recently gone on her own. She was honestly brilliant, I sent her a picture of the tiara I wanted and I had a custom made tiara within the week. The tiara is beautifully made and just perfect - I love it! And not to mention extremely reasonable!! The same tiara would have cost me 3 times the amount had I purchased it from a bridal shop. Definately my best bridal find yet!