dress hoops- help!

bought my dress yesterday, but the shops hoop was £90 so trying to find it cheaper on Ebay...but there are so many different types....how do i choose the right one?

• Lily162010Lily162010 Posts: 3,064
    Have you got a picture of your dress? What sort of style is it?

• rf2010rf2010 Posts: 157
    MrsHatton2b,

I'm exactly the same! I have no idea what kind of hoop I need. I have an A-line dress and I think someone mentioned that Jupon 163 is pretty standard if that helps.

Guess it depends on the dress.
  • oh ok this is my dress...but in mine is Ivory

• ok since the image thing dont work...see this link x

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/chatroom/topic/260607
  • bump

• T-ladyukT-ladyuk Posts: 677
    Im having my petticoat made by a lady called annabella at annabella designs on folksy.com, thay are handmade and come in any shape and colour you require. Plus its freepost before xmas.

http://folksy.com/shops/Annabelladesigns
  • Hi! I don't know what I'm going to do with mine either but when i spoke to the lady in the wedding dress shop she said that a lot of people buy them cheap from Ebay but they aren't cotton so end up getting really hot and uncomfortable - just a warning to make sure its a good material! Other than that I am clueless!
  • Hi! I don't know what I'm going to do with mine either but when i spoke to the lady in the wedding dress shop she said that a lot of people buy them cheap from Ebay but they aren't cotton so end up getting really hot and uncomfortable - just a warning to make sure its a good material! Other than that I am clueless!
  • I'll second what Katie said, I bought a really cheap one on ebay but the material is like a cheap nylon type and I think I'm going to have to get another one so it's not too hot.

You will probably need one with 3 hoops on it I would imagine.

Can you ask to try on some different types in the shop to get an idea of how they look?
  • zoe1mzoe1m Posts: 216
    I was looking at hoops the other day to go under my Bridesmaid's dressses - didn't find any because I need tea length and they were all full length.

From looking at your dress I think you need a 3 hoop - i put 'net underskirts' or similar into Ebay and it came up with lots made of 'crinoline' don't know what that material is but they were very reasonable price.

There was also a guide to buying hooped undertskirts on one of the links - one of those 'ebay shops' am sure if you have a look you will find it as many of the items for sale were from them. (ebay is banned at work so can't find it for you)

I paid £90 for mine too it has a drop waist and two hoops I think but it is very comfy, I tried some on in other bridal shops that were itchy and uncomfortable.

Like everything with weddings you probably do get what you pay for and if its nice its probably because it is expensive! image
  • Hi girls I was recommended princess sparkle, i ordered 165 which has extra netting but one hoop from them for 72 pounds.