Bridal Centre - Farnborough

Hi girls,

The dress i like is in this shop. Has anyone ordered a dress from here. Just wondering if there is any feedback for this place?

1st visit was a Sat and was very busy and was ok

2nd visit was today and the lady was really nice and gave me lots of time and ideas etc

Thanks

• Hi there, I have ordered my dresses from there including my bridesmaids dresses. They are lovely ladies (one of them is a little aloof though!). Get them on a quiet day and you'll have a laid back experience. They're not likely to do a hard sell nor interfere too much. I hope that helps. Good luck! image
  • misslittle10misslittle10 Posts: 403
    personally I found the whole experience there horrible - too many teenagers trying prom dresses and not enough space for the number of customers? I bought my dress and bridesmaids from Glamourous Gowns also in Farnborough and loved having the shop to myself - but if the dress you love is there then go for it they have been around for years

what dress is it?
  • Em22UKEm22UK Posts: 206
    Its Maggie Sottero - Paige

On my first visit it was very busy but i went on a Saturday. They also mentioned that Prom season was nearly over but they had been really busy with that

My visit today was great and there was no one else in there. I live in Reading so its not to far and get a half day every other week so will probably stick to going on a week day. The lady today was nice

Thanks for the info tho. It was more horror stories about ordering, alterations etc that i didnt want to put me off! Hear some things on here and its awful!

• I can understand why you'd say it was full of teens etc, but once prom season is over it's fine. My dresses have taken no time at all to arrive and they are bending over backwards to accommodate the fact that I have a bridesmaid from Australia. She arrives two weeks before the wedding. They ordered two dresses for her, just in case she doesn't quite fit one or the other, and they are having her dress fitted and altered really quicckly for no extra charge. I hope that helps.
  • emmacoffeyemmacoffey Posts: 33
    I ordered my bridesmaids dresses from here and found them to be really nice and helpful. You mentioned you live in Reading though - have you tried Bride To Be in the Broad Street Mall? I got my dress from there and they've been absolutely lovely all the way through. They're very good at knowing what will suit you but don't try the hard sell, or try to rush you. I found their BM dress selection to be quite limited, which was why I went to the Bridal Centre for those.

In short - I recommend both! image
  • Em22UKEm22UK Posts: 206
    Bridal centre is the only place that have the wedding dress i want image

I went to Bride to be and they seemed nice. My best mate got her WD from there 3 years ago. Ive ordered my BM dresses from Perfection in Reading. They have also been really good
  • Sharon-6Sharon-6 Posts: 2

I bought my wedding dress from farnborough bridal centre who were all too happy to compliment me in every dress I tried on despite his I felt in it, 

the shop decor is shabby and desperately needs updating the changing cubicles are way to small for wedding dresses and the windows round the side looking into where the changing rooms are is like a goldfish bowl they need delicate privacy blinds but However now I've parted with my hundreds of pounds their after sale service is appalling they literally are the moat unhelpful bunch of women I took a friend with me who is gettimg married and she thought the same they weren't interested in helping me in and out of my dress for fittings when I took it in for alterations and my friend said she would not buy a dress from this shop the old lady just sits at the front desk taking everyone's money and the others don't really have a clue, I lost my father 3 weeks ago and had a lot of money to find for a funeral and our wedding purchases were put on hold while we desperately replenish funds, I am hiring an underskirt from this shop and they refuse to wait for 2 weeks for me to pay a hire charge they are not interested in helping me whatsoever then had the cheek to tell me the hire has gone up fron what it was originally I feel so let down and quite honestly wished I'd never bought my dress from here I certainly will never recommend them their attitude needs a lot of improving not to mention the fact that there's blood drops on the back of my dress from one of the fittings from when they tried helping me out if the dress catching me with her false nail the lady said well it'll have to be spot cleaned when I should've brought my dress home I never got the bridal experience from this shop and they have stressed me out no end! 

• Sharon-6Sharon-6 Posts: 2
    Sharon-6 wrote (see post):

I bought my wedding dress from farnborough bridal centre who were all too happy to compliment me in every dress I tried on despite his I felt in it, 

the shop decor is shabby and desperately needs updating the changing cubicles are way to small for wedding dresses and the windows round the side looking into where the changing rooms are is like a goldfish bowl they need delicate privacy blinds but However now I've parted with my hundreds of pounds their after sale service is appalling they literally are the moat unhelpful bunch of women I took a friend with me who is gettimg married and she thought the same they weren't interested in helping me in and out of my dress for fittings when I took it in for alterations and my friend said she would not buy a dress from this shop the old lady just sits at the front desk taking everyone's money and the others don't really have a clue, I lost my father 3 weeks ago and had a lot of money to find for a funeral and our wedding purchases were put on hold while we desperately replenish funds, I am hiring an underskirt from this shop and they refuse to wait for 2 weeks for me to pay a hire charge they are not interested in helping me whatsoever then had the cheek to tell me the hire has gone up fron what it was originally I feel so let down and quite honestly wished I'd never bought my dress from here I certainly will never recommend them their attitude needs a lot of improving not to mention the fact that there's blood drops on the back of my dress from one of the fittings from when they tried helping me out if the dress catching me with her false nail the lady said well it'll have to be spot cleaned when I should've brought my dress home I never got the bridal experience from this shop and they have stressed me out no end! 

• jozzerjozzer Posts: 3

my wedding dress from farnborough bridal centre who were all too happy to compliment me in every dress .

--------------------------------------------------------------

[url:http://www.sitandshop.in]www.sitandshop.in[/url]

• Bob14Bob14 Posts: 1

Would be interested to hear from people who have been badly treated by the owner of this shop as we are in a similar position and not prepared to accept her bullying tactics.  Thanks

• Bob14 wrote (see post):

Would be interested to hear from people who have been badly treated by the owner of this shop as we are in a similar position and not prepared to accept her bullying tactics.  Thanks

I brought my dress from here last year for my wedding this September. To be honest I didn't want to visit here after hearing bad reviews, some from good friends of mine but my bridesmaid persuaded me to and I found my dress which was so much cheaper than other shops I had been to. 

I could get past the fact the service wasn't great (especially from the owner) as it saved me money but I decided to buy my dress and take it there & then as apposed to ordering in or using their seamstress as I had heard had reviews about her. 

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience, What happened?