How many inches ladies.....

Noooooo not like that....! image

Just wondering how many inches is your wedding band?! Im currently stuck between and 2 and a 3 inch one, cant decide which one i like better. The 2 inch one is v delicate and goes lovely with my ER but by itself i dont know if it looks wedding band enough. Whereas the 3 inch looks great by itself but dont know if its too "bulky" with my engagement ring!?

Any thoughts?! xxx

• kelmistykelmisty Posts: 860
    I have small hands and can get away with anything bugger than 2 inches when I looked at them, otherwise they will swamp my finger. image
  • 2 or 3 inch wedding band?! Am I being incredibly thick or are you talking about the width or circumference of the band? Surely if its 3 inches wide it'll go over the knuckle and be pretty good in a self defence situation!
  • Do you mean mm? image
  • I think I am having a blonde moment - 2-3 inch wedding band??xx
  • I'm guessing you mean mm! I'd personally (and did!) go for 2mm. I think thiner bands are more flattering and compliment engagement rings better (the thiner the band the larger your stone/s look!)
  • Oops!!! Yep i meant mm!!! image

Its so hard to know which to go for! For the ladies who went for 2mm how does it look on its own?! Without your ER?xx
  • I've gone for 3mm for that reason! A 2mm on its own does look v. thin!
  • MarywedsMaryweds Posts: 133
    Yep, I'm with 3mm which is the thinest I would go as I think 2mm looks weird on its own, plus a 3mm will be sturdier and longer lasting. Even in Platinum 2mm is thin...
  • My Engagement ring has a 2mm band, and looks lovely when it's worn with my 3mm wedding band image

A 2mm wedding band didn't look right, as the band didn't stand out as being a wedding band, and got hidden by my engagement ring

• MissFMMissFM Posts: 58
    Mine is 5mm but the cut of my engagement ring means that it will only be 2mm at the point where the ER sits in it.

My ER is 2mm and I do prefer slightly 'chunkier' jewellery.
  • I got around this dilemma by getting a 2mm channel set half eternity band - I really wanted a thin band (it's the same width as the band on my engagement ring) but I agree with the posters above that a plain band didn't look much against my e-ring. I want people to be able to see it and know I'm married! The tiny diamonds sparkle so prettily and really set off my other ring. I can't wait to wear it!

I don't feel too bad about it as it was only just a bit over half the price of my H2B's 5mm heavy plain platinum band!
  • july2011july2011 Posts: 817
    Mine is 6mm, there is no such thing as bulky! image
  • hehe - i'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the wedding band can look like a washer image

I'm also torn between the 2mm and 3mm....and I really like a wishbone shaped diamond platinum band I saw in Goldsmiths when I stupidly looked there! image
  • BabsMelonBabsMelon Posts: 983
    both my e-ring and wedding ring are 3mm. I knew it was the right ring when I tried it on with my e-ring. I think the width doesn't actually matter as long it looks ok with your engagement ring
  • Miss_PenguinMiss_Penguin Posts: 1,020
    I went for 3mm.
  • I'm drawn to a 3mm, my E ring is a 3mm and I loved the reassuringly sturdy feel and weight of it (It's platinum and quite heavy, with a princess cut half carat diamond) even though I have quite small hands x
  • wolukwoluk Posts: 67
    I went for 3.5mm in Platinum. I don't like to wear my engagement ring for work in case I damage it or lose the stone, so I wanted something that would look good on its own as well as with my engagement ring. 3mm was a little bit skinny, but 4mm was too chunky, so halfway between was just right image
  • Ohh Woluk, I never thought of a 3.5! I can't wear my E ring to work either x
  • I'm either going for a 2.5mm band to match my engagement ring or a 3mm band as H2B is thinking of adding shiny stones to it later on anniversaries etc image