Designers for under £800?

Hiya,

My Mum is paying for my wedding dress and she has given me a very much appreciated budget of £800. I've been looking at designers such as Maggie Sottero, Allure, Ellis Bridal, Venus Bridal and Benjamin Roberts but do you know of any other designers I could consider in this price range?

Many Thanks ladies. Happy dress shopping! xxx

• I would also look at Romantica of Devon. I got a Pronovias dress for under £800 but it was a sample so am not sure of their regular prices.
  • mori lee
  • MrsPugh2MrsPugh2 Posts: 446
    Perfection bridal start from 4450 to about £1,500

£450 not 4450 lol

• jujoukjujouk Posts: 147
    Sylvia Rose & Only You Collections by Jean Fox, excellent value for money.

This is the shop where I got mine from and they have a sale on at the moment, so you may find one on their sale rail

www.elegancebridalstudio.co.uk
  • mor lee, forever yours, alfred angelo, angel bride
  • siouuksiouuk Posts: 181
    Try Phoenix gowns amazing dresses naff pictures though you have to see them on..
  • GemjemGemjem Posts: 270
    Ronald Joyce does have some designs for under 800 - just ask in the bridal shops they're always happy to help shop within certain budgets
  • WHere are you based? A friend of mine is having a couture gown costing under £600! We are in the North East.
  • I have a Phoenix Gown dress for sale which is brand new x

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/community/forums/thread/1486488
  • nickipicklenickipickle Posts: 176
    Ooh thanks ladies, I will have a look at those!

MrsWard2be - I am in West Sussex, I think it's more expensive down here but actually I haven't thought to go down the couture route as I assumed it would be really pricey but maybe I should investigate? Thanks. xxxx
  • My dress is Pronovias White One and came in at just under £700 (current collection, brand new.)

I live in the North West but am getting married in my home town in North Staffordshire. I looked at dress in the NW but found the mark up on them in my home town was much much lower so got my dress down there.

Also, do haggle! I offered to pay for mine in full (put it on credit card so I still had protection if the shop went bust or anything) and I got 10% this way. Or just ask if they can knock anything of the price - most people seem to get money off this way!
  • warberrywarberry Posts: 431
    Have you thought about getting a pre-owned dress? I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I managed to get my Johanna Hehir dress for £1,000 second-hand when it would have been £2,500 new. The girl I bought it from was the same height and dress size, so it only needs minimal alterations (which should cost around £100). image Just a thought, but doing this meant I could buy a dress I'd never have been able to afford new. Good luck with your search!
  • MezCMezC Posts: 563
    I have a Romantica dress which cost £500 - it feels so amazing!!