Forum home Wedding fashion

Grrr...why are all the nicest shoes only available in really high heels!!

I'm quite tall, but most importantly i want to be able to wear shoes on my wedding that i feel comfortable in. Whilst i can wear 3 or 4 or 5 inch heels on a night in town, and put up with the pain, I know that to put shoes on at 11am and not take them off until after midnight, my feet are going to kill. So i really want something about 2 inches high, I don't want any pain at all!

However ALL the nice shoes in any collection only come in 3.5 inch and higher heels. Anything below that is in a cheap range and they are all in Satin when i really would like lace.

So annoying, and websites like Upper Street where you can design your own don't do lace either.

Is anybody else finding this too, and has anybody else found answer to this problem?

Love the shoes below, but too high to be particularly comfortable!

• MrsSaranneMrsSaranne Posts: 448
    I'm tall 5'10 and a half!! My H2B is 5'11 so I didn't want to wear big heels. I got mine from Rainbow, from the Else range. there are loads of lovely shoes there.
  • Have you looked at Rachel Simpson? I bought some gorgeous shoes from there with fairly small heels.
  • SpecialSundaeSpecialSundae Posts: 3,029
    If you get in touch with Upper Street, I think they'll do shoes with your own fabric. It's worth asking.

They didn't do block heels when I was looking for shoes but did mine as a special order without any fuss.
  • paulavikipaulaviki Posts: 527
    I found the same, and also because I don't want to spend a fortune on shoes which I will never wear again! I ended up getting mine for £13 from Deichmanns and they are sooo comfy! image