Dress Shopping - Take pictures?

Hi ladies

Im going to try dresses on on tomorrow. Im just wondering if the shops will let me take pics with me wearing the ones i like so that i can have a day or two to think about it and make sure that im happy with how it looks? Are shops usually ok about that kind of thing??

Thanks! x

• jujoukjujouk Posts: 147
    You will find that most won't let you take pictures due to copyright laws, it won't really help you in the long run because the dress won't fit you perfectly, so it can do more harm than good.
  • I wasn't allowed to take any photos in any shops!
  • JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    I took a picture of the dress I chose, but didn't actually ask to take pictures of any of the other dresses I tried on. I know one friend of mine was allowed to take a picture once she had chosen the dress, but could only take a picture of her dress.

Saying that, there are lots of pictures on here of brides in different dresses asking for opinions, so I guess its down to the shop and their policy. If you choose a dress, it is a good idea to get a pic of you in it. Lots of brides seem to get dress wobbles when they only have the model pics to look at.
  • MRSS2BMOBMRSS2BMOB Posts: 59
    My daughter has been to 6 different bridal shops [6th one was today] and 5 have been brilliant and more than happy for me to take pictures but the 1 today said a very abrupt no i couldn't but if we bought her dress from there then yes we could but only after the deposit had been put down.

All you have to do is just ask them and see what they say.
  • singo44singo44 Posts: 3,420
    I visited 20+ shops in my hunt - approx 3/4 allowed pics!

In some I sneaked a few in the changing room on my iPhone hehe
  • EMKETEMKET Posts: 133
    I think it really depends, none of the shops I went to would allow me (most had signs up saying no pics) but my sister actually went dress shopping on her own as my parents were working abroad and so they let her take pics to show others x
  • Danie20ukDanie20uk Posts: 87
    Thank you ladies. I went to 2 dress shops today. First one was amazing and let me take pics the second one was horrible and said no. My dream dress was in the first shop so im happy!! And i have a pic to look back on. Yay! x