Did a naughty thing...

After months of dress wobbles, I stumbled on a replica of my ultimate dress based on a Reem Acra design... so I bought it! Oooopsies..

Please ladies, if you have done what I have done, post to make me feel less guilty! image

heres mine..

Old dress..

New dress that makes me feel puurty. image

• PfiggyPfiggy Posts: 199
    Bummer! Other pic didnt work!

heres the link

http://www.sarahmorganbridal.co.uk/#!gowns/albumphotos0=2
  • mrsjenny2012mrsjenny2012 Posts: 258
    i did something similar!

after spending hours trying on dresses for the last couple of weeks, i went to a bridal shop today, picked up a dress, tried it on and bought it!

i think i was in the shop a grand total of 20mins (and most of that was doing the paperwork image )

it was from a cancelled order so an absolute bargain too!
    Result on the bargain ajonestobe. Takes the sting out a little bit.

I dithered and dithered about the first dress for weeks, then I tried on the second dress and I knew instantly. 2nd dress was way cheaper than 1st dress, thank god!
  • mrsjenny2012mrsjenny2012 Posts: 258
    isnt it nice when things just work out right!

(highlight of my dress shopping experience was the assistant complimenting me on matching my underwear to my shoes! i didnt plan it i must have just been having a turquoise day!)
  • mojojobiemojojobie Posts: 733
    So the first pic is the old/original dress?? I prefer the dress in the first pic sorry! imageimage
    mojojobie, yeh the first one is the original. It is a nice dress, thats why I chose it initially but I just didnt feel amazing in it image It was just a nice dress. I'm a little body concious at the mo, and I guess I felt that the initial dress was as good as it gets not knowing that I could feel amazing in another. Fickle woman that I am! image

*edited for typos
  • mojojobiemojojobie Posts: 733
    Oh that's good though! Atleast your totally happy now! Both lovely dresses anyway xx
  • HappyHippy85HappyHippy85 Posts: 184
    Where did the first one come from? x
    Hi HappyHippy,

The first one is Ella Bridal dress. I had mine converted to a zip up back as I wasnt to fond of the lace up.
  • GemjemGemjem Posts: 270
    i actually prefer the newer dress, its still simple and sophisticated but with a pretty twist, its gorgeous image
    Thanks Jimjam! I feel prettier in it image
  • NowMrsT62011NowMrsT62011 Posts: 2,580
    They are quite similar but the new dress is a bit more wow! So you ordered a replica? From China? Hope it all works out for you.
    Hmmm, no idea if its from China. The studio is in Glasgow, went up last week to try it on. Cant wait for it to arrive
  • SpecialSundaeSpecialSundae Posts: 3,029
    I love Sarah Morgan Bridal. I'm getting my veil from them and their work is absolutely exquisite.

They have a lot of their embroidery done in India because it's just the best place for bead-work. I don't know where their dresses are made, but they are gorgeous.

Is it very cheeky to ask how much the new dress is?
    Not cheeky at all - I combed the net trying to figure their prices before I was brave enough to email them image The dress is GBP690. Their veils are beautiful, so nicely beaded.